Premed 101 Forums

NOSM 2021 Post Interview Thoughts

I had one station where I was disconnected from the interviewer for 30 sec, and I didn't answer the prompt as straightforwardly as I could have. One other station had a stern interviewer that destabilized me a bit and I felt like I didn't put my best foot forward and rambled my way through. 

6/8 stations felt great otherwise. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and found the interview to be a fun experience compared to others I've had.

You @digitalhealthdreamer?

I said I wasn't going to obsess and visit the forums. But here I am... obsessing and visiting the forums. 

I had the opportunity to do the interview twice because my initial interview on March 6th was fraught with technical issues. I completed the interview yesterday morning and I feel the same as previous poster-- 6/8 went great. Two stern interviewers threw me off but I managed to ramble and do okay? I don't really know.

I am absolutely overthinking and having lots of anxiety thinking about May 11.

Good luck to you !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 10:08 AM, mdhopeful26 said:

I am late to responding to this, but the wait is feeling long already! I feel generally good about the interview and am just anxiously awaiting the results...

What are you guys doing to keep busy?! 

Started a book club with a friend. Drowning in actual work (non-trad, researcher), having weird dreams induced by anxiety and gnawing my nails down. 

You?

On 3/25/2021 at 10:56 AM, Violetvernon35 said:

Started a book club with a friend. Drowning in actual work (non-trad, researcher), having weird dreams induced by anxiety and gnawing my nails down. 

You?

Oh a book club sounds nice! I am also drowning in work, but I don't seem motivated to do a lot of it haha...trying to revise a paper right now actually. Sounds about right with the dreams induced by anxiety! I've been getting back into a home workout routine as well to try and keep sane lol