Premed 101 Forums

Kira Interview...

Frustrated. Wish they’d give us the option to accept the technical issues and use the score we were given. I felt great about it despite the challenges but understand people may have felt rattled and lost focus. Give a chance to redo, but give a chance to keep the original score. They’re also not giving us much time to make new arrangements. A lot has to go into home-interviews. Daycare arrangements, booking time off work, ensuring family is aware if you live at home etc. 

While I can understand that Mac probably had a difficult time finding an effective solution, I still feel bad for a lot of individuals who felt they did well in their interview only for it to be scrapped entirely. At the same time, March 13th interviewees may also feel disadvantaged given that some interviewees were exposed to, essentially, a mock MMI with official McMaster interview questions. 

Just seems like an overall sticky situation - I wish everyone the best moving forward. 

29 minutes ago, EdnisG said:

While I can understand that Mac probably had a difficult time finding an effective solution, I still feel bad for a lot of individuals who felt they did well in their interview only for it to be scrapped entirely. At the same time, March 13th interviewees may also feel disadvantaged given that some interviewees were exposed to, essentially, a mock MMI with official McMaster interview questions. 

Just seems like an overall sticky situation - I wish everyone the best moving forward. 

Yeah super true too. I hadn’t even considered the fact that this now gives half the applicants a chance to restart but the March 13th applicants don’t have that choice. 

2 minutes ago, MrsAaronSamuels said:

As somebody not following the situation can someone give me a quick recap of what happened?

Synchronous McMaster MMI interviews that took place on March 6th and 7th unfortunately had an abundance of technological problems. Some interviewees got less time than others and some even reported missing out on entire stations. To account for this difference in experience, McMaster made the decision today to entirely scrap out all the interviews that have already taken place. Moving forward, all applicants must do an asynchronous MMI, regardless of whether they've already done the synchronous interview. 

Honestly why don't they give applicants a choice to redo or keep your original score? I feel like that is most fair because it pleases those who think they did well and those who think they didn't. 

Also, I think their response form did not ask the right questions. Everyone had technical difficulties, and some more than others, but I think most people were actually content with how their interview went despite the issues. They should have asked specifically if we want to redo the interview. 

27 minutes ago, DeepK said:

Honestly why don't they give applicants a choice to redo or keep your original score? I feel like that is most fair because it pleases those who think they did well and those who think they didn't. 

Also, I think their response form did not ask the right questions. Everyone had technical difficulties, and some more than others, but I think most people were actually content with how their interview went despite the issues. They should have asked specifically if we want to redo the interview. 

Probably because they are moving to asynchronous, wouldnt be fair to use two methods of evaluation for these groups IMO. Very unfortunate situation all around

Based on the email sent out by Admissions committee today, will we be asked two questions up front (the main question, plus a follow up question) during the two minutes to read? I found it unclear if we were being asked one or two questions all at once, with 7 minutes to address both.