Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Global Health MSc. Fall 2021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

Nope, I think they started making decision last week for international students (but i only saw one update from GradCafe as mentioned above and they got rejected with GPA not actually meeting the requirement).

I guess domestic students still need to wait a bit longer. Also I noticed they said on their official website that they are making decision for international students in late april (but they actually started in mid-April ) so i'm hoping we don't need to wait until mid-May because I've been waiting since Nov and am getting nervous lol

Fingers Crossed and hope for the best

18 hours ago, gh2020 said:

Hey guys! Has anyone heard any updates yet? 

27 minutes ago, catttthy said:

Hi! 

Nope, I think they started making decision last week for international students (but i only saw one update from GradCafe as mentioned above and they got rejected with GPA not actually meeting the requirement).

I guess domestic students still need to wait a bit longer. Also I noticed they said on their official website that they are making decision for international students in late april (but they actually started in mid-April ) so i'm hoping we don't need to wait until mid-May because I've been waiting since Nov and am getting nervous lol

Hi! 

Ohhh okay got it! 

And yes that is true. Hopefully we get to hear back sooner too :(

Wishing you the best! 

On 4/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, catttthy said:

Hi! 

Hey Cathy,

How do you know they were rejected because of GPA reasons? I didn't see a comment attached to their GradCafe admissions post explaining why they were rejected. Is there a thread you saw this information on? I want to make sure I'm part of all the threads for this program haha

39 minutes ago, goodluck2021 said:

Hey Cathy,

How do you know they were rejected because of GPA reasons? I didn't see a comment attached to their GradCafe admissions post explaining why they were rejected. Is there a thread you saw this information on? I want to make sure I'm part of all the threads for this program haha

Hi!

No I actually didn’t see any threads about that, but on their gradCafe admission post they said their gpa was 3.18, which I believe the requirement was at least 3.3 on a 4.0 Canadian scale

I did my undergrad at Mac so i know when they say at least B+, they really mean it. the GPA requirement is a hard cutoff line, especially for first round offers, and especially this program is quiet competitive (sigh)
unless the applicant has extraordinary experiences in the related field of study, it’s still rare to see Mac accepting students with GPA lower than requirement if they have an average CV

Hope that explains part of you questions!

35 minutes ago, catttthy said:

Hi!

No I actually didn’t see any threads about that, but on their gradCafe admission post they said their gpa was 3.18, which I believe the requirement was at least 3.3 on a 4.0 Canadian scale

I did my undergrad at Mac so i know when they say at least B+, they really mean it. the GPA requirement is a hard cutoff line, especially for first round offers, and especially this program is quiet competitive (sigh)
unless the applicant has extraordinary experiences in the related field of study, it’s still rare to see Mac accepting students with GPA lower than requirement if they have an average CV

Hope that explains part of you questions!

That makes sense! I think they deleted their GPA comment because it's gone now, which is why I was confused.

3 hours ago, gh2020 said:

Any updates for anyone? :( Someone on another forum said they got in like 2 days ago (Monday). But not too sure if they were an international or domestic applicant!

Nothing yet! I saw that too, but I think they're an international applicant because we would be hearing more news if domestic acceptances were out. Just a few more days and, who knows, any one of us could hear back :D

2 minutes ago, goodluck2021 said:

Let's assume they mean May 15th. I'd be surprised if they started releasing decisions next week on Monday, as that would only give them 5 days to do so since May 15th is a Saturday. Fingers crossed they begin tomorrow?

Yeah! Thats what I am hoping for too, because last year they released wait list decisions by May 15th around 3:30pm. 

Honestly given how this program has done things in the past, maybe that might even start next who knows :/ but yeah I really really hope they start tomorrow :(

This waiting is literally making me so anxious. 

1 minute ago, gh2020 said:

Yeah! Thats what I am hoping for too, because last year they released wait list decisions by May 15th around 3:30pm. 

Honestly given how this program has done things in the past, maybe that might even start next who knows :/ but yeah I really really hope they start tomorrow :(

This waiting is literally making me so anxious. 

I'm guessing the delay is due to uncertainties surrounding how courses will be delivered. If it's online, they can accept more people, but if it's in person delivery, they'll have to stick to a hard limit. 

I can't imagine decisions starting later than this Friday, as that would at least give them a week to pass them out!

8 minutes ago, goodluck2021 said:

Let's assume they mean May 15th. I'd be surprised if they started releasing decisions next week on Monday, as that would only give them 5 days to do so since May 15th is a Saturday. Fingers crossed they begin tomorrow?

Also, according to the trends last year, acceptances started trickling in on May 1st, a few got it on May 4th, then 6th and 12th. Then wait list decisions were sent out on May 15th. Also, some people also stated that they saw their offer on Mosaic before they even got an email, so I would also keep an eye out on Mosaic too! 

Just now, goodluck2021 said:

I'm guessing the delay is due to uncertainties surrounding how courses will be delivered. If it's online, they can accept more people, but if it's in person delivery, they'll have to stick to a hard limit. 

I can't imagine decisions starting later than this Friday, as that would at least give them a week to pass them out!

Yeah! That is a good point. But previous students have told me that since this a heavy collaborative program with other international universities, classes were usually in the evening and were online! But some tutorials did take place in person and etc. 

2 minutes ago, gh2020 said:

Also, according to the trends last year, acceptances started trickling in on May 1st, a few got it on May 4th, then 6th and 12th. Then wait list decisions were sent out on May 15th. Also, some people also stated that they saw their offer on Mosaic before they even got an email, so I would also keep an eye out on Mosaic too! 

I love how deep we are looking into this admission process :')

I noticed the same series of events based on last year's threads, which is why I thought they would start on the first business day of May. They seem pretty adamant about decisions being out BY mid-May, so at least we can be confident about that.

Yeah, I know one friend who got into McMaster for another program and their Mosaic reflected the decision before they received an email. I've been checking my account the moment I wake up every day haha