Premed 101 Forums

INVITES/LA ENTREVUES MED-P McGill 2021 & Support

I wanted to share my stats because this forum literally kept me sane throughout the process. Seeing people who got in with low r scores just really gave me the courage to try so I hope my post can do the same for you guys :)

Invitation/ LA : Further Review Required (Invite)

Catégorie : collégien

Programme : Health Science

Cote R : 35.2 (posting to encourage all you guys on the lower R score end hopefully!)

Feeling sur le Casper : I honestly wasn't sure, I thought some might have gone very well and others not so much. I answered everything but was worried more words doesn't necessarily mean I did well. 

Overall CV : Honestly in my opinion strong, but to someone else there wasn't that much med/science stuff so maybe not? I did a lot of activism stuff that I really loved doing but wasn't sure if that was mcgill's vibe lol was worried they'd be like "so why not law school??" Like a lot of volunteering with shelters and stuff. 

Commentaires I am really happy, was crying all morning too my mom because I genuinely felt like there was no way. I screamed when I saw it. I just want to emphasize that for those who don't get it-which who knows if I will actually be admitted after the interview-you guys are all amazing. A bachelors is an amazing, enriching experience. Both my sisters have gone through ups and downs in their bachelors and kept telling me how much of a crazy 3-4 years it was for them. I'm still holding on to this philosophy post interview :) And at least from my experience, take these next three years to do CV stuff that you really love. I was so worried about not having enough med things but it worked out-so try to really learn about who you are, not who you think med wants you to be :) Not that I know who I am, im only 18, but be yourself and grow :) Good luck everyone and my DMs are always open to talk.

10 minutes ago, Anonymous3851967 said:

Invitation/ LA : Further Review Required 

Programme : Health Science

Cote R : 35.2 (posting to encourage all you guys on the lower R score end hopefully!)

Feeling sur le Casper : I honestly wasn't sure, I thought some might have gone very well and others not so much. I answered everything but was worried more words doesn't necessarily mean I did well. 

Overall CV : Honestly in my opinion strong, but to someone else there wasn't that much med/science stuff so maybe not? I did a lot of activism stuff that I really loved doing but wasn't sure if that was mcgill's vibe lol was worried they'd be like "so why not law school??" Like a lot of volunteering with shelters and stuff. 

Commentaires I am really happy, was crying all morning too my mom because I genuinely felt like there was no way. I screamed when I saw it. I just want to emphasize that for those who don't get it-which who knows if I will actually be admitted after the interview-you guys are all amazing. A bachelors is an amazing, enriching experience. Both my sisters have gone through ups and downs in their bachelors and kept telling me how much of a crazy 3-4 years it was for them. I'm still holding on to this philosophy post interview :) And at least from my experience, take these next three years to do CV stuff that you really love. I was so worried about not having enough med things but it worked out-so try to really learn about who you are, not who you think med wants you to be :) Not that I know who I am, im only 18, but be yourself and grow :) Good luck everyone and my DMs are always open to talk.

You are amazing!! 

1 minute ago, Medsay said:

omgg je suis vraiment désolée je suis avec toi, est-ce que t'avais un mauvais casper? ou une mauvaise cote? tout n'est pas perdu pour les autres

meme pas mon casper a meet cut off pour ulaval. Pis avec crc de 35.9 pis un cv de feu i really thought I had a chance. Here are my stats

On 3/13/2021 at 2:01 PM, TheDude said:

so this forum took an unexpected twist, but I'll try to bring it back to the purpose of its creation:

Invitation/ LA : I'll edit it in when I have news

Programme : SN

Cote R : 35.950

Feeling sur le Casper : perso, je pense que j'ai fait average sur le casper, je pense pas etre parmi les meilleurs ni parmi les pires.

Overall CV : Je trouve que j'ai un vrmt bon cv, dommage que ça compte juste pour 10%: J'ai de l'experience en recherche, je travaille presentement en tant que 2e auteur sur une publication (pas encore publié, juste a work in progress), some volunteering in hospital envronment, travail en tant que tutuer, cadet, et j'ai gagné quelques concours de maths au secondaire

Commentaires : Ben j'espere que je vais recevoir une convocation aux mem, mais si j'en reçois pas je serais pas totally surprised given que j'ai pas de cote r de 37 ou qqchose

Cote R : 34.97

Feeling sur le Casper : I thought it was okay. I wrote as much as I could for each question and answered pretty much everything (at least 2 sentences per question). 

Overall CV : Typical things like tutoring, hospital volunteering, a lot of involvement in high school clubs and organizations. Piano and karate certifications.

Commentaires I can’t believe this at all. This definitely caught me off guard considering my R score but I’m very grateful (also stressed now lol). Congrats to those who got an invite and anyone who didn’t, keep the faith, if you made it this far you have the passion, drive, and skills for medecine so don’t give up at all, and we still have the other schools to go so anything can happen

Just now, kal23 said:

Cote R : 34.97

Feeling sur le Casper : I thought it was okay. I wrote as much as I could for each question and answered pretty much everything (at least 2 sentences). 

Overall CV : Typical things like tutoring, hospital volunteering, a lot of involvement in high school clubs and organizations. Piano and karate certifications.

Commentaires I can’t believe this at all. This definitely caught me off guard considering my R score but I’m extremely grateful (but also stressed). Congrats to all those who got an invite and those who didn’t, keep the faith, if you made it this far you have the passion, drive, and skills for medecine so don’t give up at all, and we still have the other schools to go so anything can happen

So happy for you, my friend. You deserve it so much :wub:

1 minute ago, Melanine said:

Est-ce un bon tremplin? 

Pour les tremplins. Mon conseil : Prend de quoi qui te passionne.
1) T'auras une histoire à raconter aux MEM.
2) Tu vas t'épanouir + et avoir des meilleures notes.
3) T'auras une expérience de +! Qui sait pt que dans ton "tremplin" tu auras l'occasion de faire un projet de recherche!

De mon impression, ceux qui ont fait un autre programme avant (peu importe lequel) ont + de facilité en médecine. (+expérience de vie, + maturité, + connaissance).

J'aurai tlm aimé faire neuroscience avant mon MD. Je struggle ma vie en neuro ahahah

Pour ceux qui attendent une réponse c’est loin d’être fini, moi et mon amie avons reçu notre invitation à 12h (universitaire) pour l’entrevue et les deux on a été accepté hier! Nous étions découragé à un certains point. Gardez espoir il va avoir encore beaucoup d’invitations qui s’en viennent je suis certains :) 

7 minutes ago, TheDude said:

yooooo I just realized. Le CASPer pour ULaval was my french CASPer, but for McGill was the English one. So, ig I really failed my English CASPer to get refused so early on... rip :(

omg that is very likely ,  c'Est vraiment surprenant  parce que t'As mieux performé dans ton casper français et il me semble que  tu vas au cégep anglais?