Premed 101 Forums

INVITES/LA ENTREVUES MED-P McGill 2021 & Support

3 minutes ago, Jinyoungie said:

Hi guys, I am new at using this forum. I got refused to Ulaval for Casper insuffisant and I just got refused at McGill. No clue what is gonna happen with UdeS and UdeM for me :((( (For reference, my r score is 36.1)

You have a great R score (I wish I could have reach the 36), I think that McGill is extremely competitive! I would say that you still have chances at UdeS maybe, stay positive :) and if you get a refusal, don’t give up!! I’m sure u can be a great university appliquant with these grades, you will only gain more maturity and experience to ace the real MEMs when they’ll come back!!

2 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

OMG IM ALL OUT OF REACTS BUT I GOT AN INTERVIEW IN DENT-P TOO
mais.... c'est exactement la même journée / heure que med-p.... anyone knows why?

Bravoooo yes :D <3 je suis tellement sûre que tu vas entrer au moins à UdeS, on dirait bien que jusqu’à présent ta cote compense ton Casper!!

6 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

OMG IM ALL OUT OF REACTS BUT I GOT AN INTERVIEW IN DENT-P TOO
mais.... c'est exactement la même journée / heure que med-p.... anyone knows why?

Their website says "Please note that the results of the MMIs are shared with the Faculty of Medicine for those who have applied to both programs" so I'm guessing you only interview once for both? But anyway congrats!!!

3 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

You have a great R score (I wish I could have reach the 36), I think that McGill is extremely competitive! I would say that you still have chances at UdeS maybe, stay positive :) and if you get a refusal, don’t give up!! I’m sure u can be a great university applicant with these grades, you will only gain more maturity and experience to ace the real MEMs when they’ll come back!!

I really hope so!! Thank you for your words of encouragement <3 Does anyone know what are good programs to get a good CRU?

Just now, soupefroide said:

They're getting released throughout the day on Minerva. Yours may or may not have come out already, just check your application status on the same page where you uploaded your CV and whatnot.

thanks!

it's written "further review required" for med and dent, instead of "ready for review".

however, i can upload documents for a specific call time in april 15, like photo ID. what does that mean?

1 minute ago, soupefroide said:

Their website says "Please note that the results of the MMIs are shared with the Faculty of Medicine for those who have applied to both programs" so I'm guessing you're only interviewing once for both? But anyway congrats!!!

Yep. They only do one MMI for both programs, so if you ace the interview well that's gonna boost your chances for the 2 programs, but if you bomb the interview, then it's dead for both. Good luck to everyone with the MMI

10 hours ago, ecosia said:

thanks!

it's written "further review required" for med and dent, instead of "ready for review".

however, i can upload documents for a specific call time in april 15, like photo ID. what does that mean?

It means you're invited to the interviews!! Congrats! I think you're gonna receive an email later today or tomorrow, so look out for that. It should have more info regarding the documents you need to submit.

Hey everyone!!

Just received an interview invitation (in French) for both med-p and dent-p! I had lost some hope after my ULaval refus, but now this is a relief. This forum has helped me a lot and I thank each of you!! Anyone else doing the MMI in French?

Also, let me know if any of you would like to do MMI practice in the following weeks :P

Congrats everyone!

As a current Med-P student, I'm extremely excited to meet all of you! You should receive an email very soon and you'll be invited to an info session in 2 weeks. The faculty will then give you all the information you need to know about the virtual MMIs and you'll also get to ask questions to current students. 

Once again, congrats to all those who got an invite today and those who were unfortunately not as lucky don't give up just yet! I personally know a lot of people who were rejected at this stage for McGill but still got accepted at at least one French uni so there's still a lot of hope for you. 

6 minutes ago, MedShad said:

Hey everyone!!

Just received an interview invitation (in French) for both med-p and dent-p! I had lost some hope after my ULaval refus, but now this is a relief. This forum has helped me a lot and I thank each of you!! Anyone else doing the MMI in French?

Also, let me know if any of you would like to do MMI practice in the following weeks :P

Me in french too! Je viens de faire un post pour ça, va voir! :)

11 minutes ago, MedShad said:

Hey everyone!!

I’m doing it on French and would be down!

Just got my status changed to "further review required". Feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.. 

Here are my stats for reference:

R score: 37.4

Casper: I feel like it went well after submitting it, and I'm still in the running at Laval so I guess it didn't go too bad.

CV: Nothing extraordinary; some volunteering, jobs, some high school distinctions

Props to everyone who was invited, I'm proud of you guys!! And even if you weren't, don't lose hope, you never know what may happen at other unis :))

1 minute ago, meddream2021 said:

Just got my status changed to "further review required". Feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.. 

Here are my stats for reference:

R score: 37.4

Casper: I feel like it went well after submitting it, and I'm still in the running at Laval so I guess it didn't go too bad.

CV: Nothing extraordinary; some volunteering, jobs, some high school distinctions

Props to everyone who was invited, I'm proud of you guys!! And even if you weren't, don't lose hope, you never know what may happen at other unis :))

I can't wait for my status to change... It still is ''ready for review'' :/