Premed 101 Forums

MCCQE 1 passing score

9 hours ago, bread said:

I’ve been wondering about this, too. I write in a few days and have been scoring anywhere between 50% - 80% on Canada q-bank MCQ and 60% - 80% on the CDM. I did the official practice test a few months ago without studying at all, and got mid-70s. Worried about my q-bank scores though, especially since those are with studying. I find a lot of the questions I get wrong are very specific ones about meds or rare conditions I don’t know much about (ex. Specific biologics, DiGeorge syndrome) - is q-bank generally harder than the actual exam? I’m feeling a bit stressed and like I might benefit from more studying time, but I don’t think I can reschedule this late, ugh 

stick to easy/medium difficulty questions in qbank! you'll be fine. their CDM is SO bad. 

2 hours ago, indefatigable said:

I actually thought their CDM was better than their MCQs (partly just because of the format).. but neither were great.

Yeah I got fed up. I was in a privileged position and could afford the MCC practice materials and that was the best prep. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys preparing for the MCCQE pt 1...using Canada Q bank and reading Toronto Notes. You think that is enough? Also the exam allows  you 1 m and 8 seconds per question...how do you manage that. so far it takes me about 1 min to read the long questions on the Q bank. Some stats questions require calculations...and that takes more than 1 min. Your thoughts please. thanks    

2 hours ago, nash001 said:

Hey guys preparing for the MCCQE pt 1...using Canada Q bank and reading Toronto Notes. You think that is enough? Also the exam allows  you 1 m and 8 seconds per question...how do you manage that. so far it takes me about 1 min to read the long questions on the Q bank. Some stats questions require calculations...and that takes more than 1 min. Your thoughts please. thanks    

Sheeeeet already?? Should we all be prepping now :lol:? Between that and CaRMS and electives I may just tap out.

7 hours ago, nash001 said:

If you have gone to a Canadian medical school, the MCCQE part 1 really is nothing to worry about. The vast majority pass, and the majority study for 2-4 weeks, some less, some more. It's not necessary to go crazy for a really high score as no one cares because it is after CaRMS.

For IMG's it makes sense to study harder for it and to do really well. I believe schools use it, in those cases.

4 hours ago, jb24 said:

If you have gone to a Canadian medical school, the MCCQE part 1 really is nothing to worry about. The vast majority pass, and the majority study for 2-4 weeks, some less, some more. It's not necessary to go crazy for a really high score as no one cares because it is after CaRMS.

For IMG's it makes sense to study harder for it and to do really well. I believe schools use it, in those cases.

Sadly i am an IMG..that is why i am asking