Premed 101 Forums

Accepted! My cGPA was 89.33 (I think, not too sure on how to calculate it). 

As for my experiences, my main ones were working with Canucks Autism Network for 4 years and volunteering in a stroke recovery group for 4 years. The application does not have a section where you can list out all your experiences, but I think they really helped me during the interview!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

2 hours ago, dhwang said:

As for my experiences, my main ones were working with Canucks Autism Network for 4 years and volunteering in a stroke recovery group for 4 years. The application does not have a section where you can list out all your experiences, but I think they really helped me during the interview!

Okay awesome!

My average is 88 and I have 2 years worth of experience as a support worker and also a lot of personal experience. Do you know anyone else who got in, and if waitlist moves much?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, PotentialOT said:

I am waitlisted #14. Is anyone near there too? I wonder how many waitlist spots were offered!

Hey! I’m currently waitlisted #11. I emailed the MOT department this morning to see how many waitlisted students have been able to get a seat in the previous years. They indicated that it varies a lot every year, some years they’ve had no movements, and others they’ve had up to 20! 
Congrats to everyone who got in this year! 

2 hours ago, MOT111 said:

Hey! I’m currently waitlisted #11. I emailed the MOT department this morning to see how many waitlisted students have been able to get a seat in the previous years. They indicated that it varies a lot ever year, some years they’ve had no movements, and others they’ve had up to 20! 

Thanks for asking that’s helpful :) did anyone get an outright rejection or do most people end up on the waitlist? 

3 hours ago, MOT111 said:

Hey! I’m currently waitlisted #11. I emailed the MOT department this morning to see how many waitlisted students have been able to get a seat in the previous years. They indicated that it varies a lot ever year, some years they’ve had no movements, and others they’ve had up to 20! 

Haha that's funny, I also emailed the dept. and received the exact same reply back. I'm not giving up hope yet, but keeping my options open

16 hours ago, PotentialOT said:

Haha that's funny, I also emailed the dept. and received the exact same reply back. I'm not giving up hope yet, but keeping my options open

Same here! I’m sure if there’s any movement it won’t start until April or May- since that’s when the other schools usually notify students of their status. If anyone who’s been accepted decides to attend somewhere else, or anyone moves off of the waitlist, please notify in here!! :) 

1 hour ago, Justacityboy said:

I was waitlisted at #10 this year! Last year I applied and was waitlisted at #19 and didn’t end up getting an offer. I heard between 14-16 people got in off the waitlist last year, so we will see!

That’s good to know! I’m not giving up hope yet- but again, I think it just varies a lot every year. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist as well! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted! I had an average of 92.6% from my last 15 courses at UBC and I had a research position and worked with people with developmental disabilities in recreational settings. Those were my main experiences I had but I also volunteered at an OT clinic and coached people with disabilities. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, dhwang said:

hey, do you know when the deadline to accept offers is?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, FutureOT2023 said:

Hi! With Ontario schools offers out, has anyone emailed the UBC OT department to inquire about any waitlist movement? Does anyone know if emailing them will give us any info or are we better off just to wait? Also, bumping this thread to see if anyone has been moved off the waitlist :)

Hi! Someone on Monday did inquire with department and they said there has been no movement- however someone who was #3 on the waitlist posted that they are accepting an offer somewhere else.