Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

Now that everyone is done the MMIs for this year, perhaps we can share our thoughts/feelings about their interview! **Please remember to maintain confidentiality**

 

I went through mine during the Saturday morning rotation. Overall, I felt okay about it all, but the stations were definitely less varied than I expected. It seemed like they all touched on similar themes! Also had technical issues, where my webcam couldn't change the auto-exposure on Kira, so I went through almost all stations with very dark video lol. Hopefully that didn't impact my ratings! :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is a good thing that they let people know this early if they didn't make the MMI cutoff! This way people don't have to worry and stress about it until May (especially if they know their ref

I completely agree! I'd rather know sooner than later. I just think no one was prepared to hear yet so it was shocking.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, who_knows said:

Looking back, I realize my answers were not perfect and there are things I would add. How can I stop thinking about that?? It's torture....

I also feel that some of the questions were too vague.

Know that everyone feels the same! ❤️ We’ll all spend the next 2 months stressing and questioning our answers but there’s nothing we can do to change it! I’m just trying to keep busy so I don’t think about it

Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone here explain how exactly the U of S marks the MMI? Looking at their admissions stats they have the MMI marks separated into deciles 1-10. I’m assuming 10 is the highest. So do they give you a mark out of 10 on each station and then average all your marks together?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 12345mdsk said:

the beauty of the MMI is that each station is judged separately! 

In this case, how can you possibly mark thoroughly during the time you are with the applicant? I suspect, they record the interview and then listen to it again and decide on the mark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm also not sure if it warrants its own thread. It's my first year applying, and I interviewed as OOP. I knew my odds were slim, and I just got an email saying my file won't proceed to the next stages of assessment. I'm just wondering whether this is a normal thing for Sask, or if it means I messed up something specific in my application or didn't meet a cutoff that I thought I met. At the other schools I've interviewed at, they've provided scores for everyone who interviewed. This was also far earlier in the year than I expected, and it just felt off. Did anybody else just receive the same thing? Does Sask not review the files of everyone who interviews? Any insight would be appreciated, it just seems like a weird timeline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dancingqueen17 said:

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm also not sure if it warrants its own thread. It's my first year applying, and I interviewed as OOP. I knew my odds were slim, and I just got an email saying my file won't proceed to the next stages of assessment. I'm just wondering whether this is a normal thing for Sask, or if it means I messed up something specific in my application or didn't meet a cutoff that I thought I met. At the other schools I've interviewed at, they've provided scores for everyone who interviewed. This was also far earlier in the year than I expected, and it just felt off. Did anybody else just receive the same thing? Does Sask not review the files of everyone who interviews? Any insight would be appreciated, it just seems like a weird timeline.

Hi! This is a great question. I received the same email as an IP applicant. Love to know if anyone has more information on this or suggestions on how to word a response to the college. My thoughts are with anyone experiencing the same thing, it came as a huge shock as I wasn't expecting anything until May. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dancingqueen17 said:

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm also not sure if it warrants its own thread. It's my first year applying, and I interviewed as OOP. I knew my odds were slim, and I just got an email saying my file won't proceed to the next stages of assessment. I'm just wondering whether this is a normal thing for Sask, or if it means I messed up something specific in my application or didn't meet a cutoff that I thought I met. At the other schools I've interviewed at, they've provided scores for everyone who interviewed. This was also far earlier in the year than I expected, and it just felt off. Did anybody else just receive the same thing? Does Sask not review the files of everyone who interviews? Any insight would be appreciated, it just seems like a weird timeline.

I believe Sask has an MMI percentile cutoff at the 40th percentile for OOP and somewhere around the 20th percentile IP. I’m not certain if that’s the case in this situation but since the OOP decisions are 100% based off of MMI I could see that being possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sk2ns said:

Hi! This is a great question. I received the same email as an IP applicant. Love to know if anyone has more information on this or suggestions on how to word a response to the college. My thoughts are with anyone experiencing the same thing, it came as a huge shock as I wasn't expecting anything until May. 

Same. IP applicant and I am shocked! It's too early and the email is too short. I thought they would have at least used the correct vocabulary saying "You will not be offered a seat in the current admissions cycle." 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same email - confused and frustrated as I made it to the waitlist last year and my GPA/MCAT scores have only improved since then. I was more than competitive this year, unless the average GPA/MCAT scores this year were just abnormally high? None of my references were contacted, and so far I know two other applicants who have gotten the same email. I received a rejection letter in 2019 and it was 3x as long, with information regarding the number of applications they received, as well as a link to the form for the Appeal process. Tried replying to the email but just got a canned response. Hoping for a mistake!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same. IP third time applicant, was waitlisted the last couple of cycles and felt way better about this year and went in with a significantly better MCAT. In regards to the MMI the 1st station felt pretty rocky but all others felt good. Not sure if I was maybe red flagged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the chances/odds that this was a mistake? Based on the applicant information package, I passed all cutoffs and I killed the interview. I just don't understand (1) how I wasn't even waitlisted and (2) how it is SO early this year. My one friend who was rejected didn't get that email until May 15th. 

 

I'd love to believe this was an automated rejection email and a mistake, but who knows. I just really hope if it is a mistake, they let us know soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fanofmed said:

Same. IP third time applicant, was waitlisted the last couple of cycles and felt way better about this year and went in with a significantly better MCAT. In regards to the MMI the 1st station felt pretty rocky but all others felt good. Not sure if I was maybe red flagged.

I am in the same boat, 2nd time IP applicant, better MCAT score this year and felt pretty good about the MMI... then I get this email! Rough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brrrrrrrrr said:

What are the chances/odds that this was a mistake? Based on the applicant information package, I passed all cutoffs and I killed the interview. I just don't understand (1) how I wasn't even waitlisted and (2) how it is SO early this year. My one friend who was rejected didn't get that email until May 15th. 

 

I'd love to believe this was an automated rejection email and a mistake, but who knows. I just really hope if it is a mistake, they let us know soon.

Totally. Do you think it's worth contacting them about it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"We regret to inform you that your file will not progress to the next stages of assessment."

But what are the next stages of assessment? They already have all the files they need to assess me. They have my transcripts, MCAT score, MMI score. What more do they need?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...