Premed 101 Forums

When do offers of admission appear on OMSAS?

Hi all,

I hope everyone is handling the wait well, assuming you’ve completed your interviews! I know Ontario schools are set to release offers on May 11 this year. But I’m wondering if direct offers will be sent out by schools first or if OMSAS will update first? I’m just over here being obsessive and avoiding all the work that I actually need to be doing because I can’t stop thinking about my fate.

Any insight is appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Living in Western Canada and manifesting some OMSAS acceptance letters (God willing):

Quick question, so that means OMSAS at 9pm or 10pm my time on May 10th will update to show that I have offers this year? Like, what changes about OMSAS for me to know that I will have offers lol

Asking because finding out at 9pm or 10pm gives some time for celebration that very night, rather than waiting for the morning. And gives enough time for me to take the next day off of work to celebrate too :)

In past years, on the Offers/Choices tab or whatever it's called, it will actually show up in the offers column right @ 12. It's pretty obvious, you won't miss it if it's there. But not all of them update @ midnight, so if you don't see it immediately, don't despair! Some of mine took till like late am the next morning to show up, every school's different.