Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, PassionateOT said:

Hey everyone, thought I would begin a thread like previous years. I have been wait listed. Good luck to everyone :) 

Hi! Thanks for creating this thread - I’ve been waitlisted as well. What number are you waitlisted at? Also, if anyone moves off of the waitlist, or gets in and decides to attend elsewhere, please update in here! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 3:36 PM, MOT111 said:

Hi! Thanks for creating this thread - I’ve been waitlisted as well. What number are you waitlisted at? Also, if anyone moves off of the waitlist, or gets in and decides to attend elsewhere, please update in here! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! 

My spot is 3, however on the out of province waitlist. I’m not sure how many spots total are taken my out of province students? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, PTOT1209 said:

Does anybody know when UBC OT waitlist started moving last year? Also, anybody know how many people from the waitlist got into the program last year?

I'm #3, in province!

Hey! Ive been told by previous students that it doesn't really start moving till after mid may when other schools send out offers so finger crossed! They will contact us by email right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mulia said:

Hey! Ive been told by previous students that it doesn't really start moving till after mid may when other schools send out offers so finger crossed! They will contact us by email right? 

I assume they will contact us by email, but I guess it's possible for them to phone us since we provided phone #'s on our application.

Could you please let me know when you hear something since you're one spot ahead of me? Good luck!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PTOT1209 said:

I assume they will contact us by email, but I guess it's possible for them to phone us since we provided phone #'s on our application.

Could you please let me know when you hear something since you're one spot ahead of me? Good luck!!

Yes of course! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, FutureOT2023 said:

Hi everyone, i suspect the waitlist could start moving soon as UofA has released their first round of acceptances. Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement? I am #6 on the UBC waitlist!

Hi! I'm number 2 on the waitlist and I haven't heard anything. Hopefully in 10 days when Ontario schools offer seats we will hear something

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings fellow hopefuls! 

Do we know how long UBC's waitlist (in-province) is?--that is, how many people are on the waitlist?   I know U of A is 150 people, but I'm not sure if that includes Saskatchewan seats etc.

At UBC Is there a separate list then for international students?  a separate list for in-province, and a separate list for out of province?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gigi for OT_21 said:

Greetings fellow hopefuls! 

Do we know how long UBC's waitlist (in-province) is?--that is, how many people are on the waitlist?   I know U of A is 150 people, but I'm not sure if that includes Saskatchewan seats etc.

At UBC Is there a separate list then for international students?  a separate list for in-province, and a separate list for out of province?
 

Hi!

I'm pretty sure that the waitlist for in province is 20 ppl, out of province is 5, and i'm assuming 5 for international? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MOT111 said:

Hey everyone! It seems like there hasn’t been any movement yet. I thought we would’ve seen something by now! 

I emailed David today and he responded that there indeed has been NO movement. Also, the in-province waitlist will be exhausted before the OOP waitlist begins. Hope it moves a bit soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PotentialOT said:

I emailed David today and he responded that there indeed has been NO movement. Also, the in-province waitlist will be exhausted before the OOP waitlist begins. Hope it moves a bit soon!

What do you mean by the in province waitlist will be exhausted before the OOP waitlist begins? 

After speaking with David and to my understanding there are 2 separate wait lists and regardless, the program this year has 5 seats for OOP applicants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PassionateOT said:

What do you mean by the in province waitlist will be exhausted before the OOP waitlist begins? 

After speaking with David and to my understanding there are 2 separate wait lists and regardless, the program this year has 5 seats for OOP applicants. 

I received this from David this morning:

Due to some confusion surrounding the OOP waitlist that has been brought to our attention via email we've decided to provide additional information regarding the OOP waitlist situation. As you are not currently on the OOP waitlist I am providing you with this information as we believe the confusion may have stemmed from not expanding on the previous answer you were provided.

Out of Province applicants can only be admitted if there are two conditions met.

  1. As our program can only accept up to 10% of our domestic seats as Out of Province (meaning 5 seats), they can only be offered admission if another OOP student declines their offer of admission.
  2. If they are next in line on the waitlist.
 
What this means is that if no OOP students currently admitted declines their offer then we exhaust the regular waitlist first, which was the intention of my reply to your email. However, the two waitlists exist together and all OOP students are also assigned a regular waitlist number. As such I may have been in error by leading you to believe that the spots would be distributed in the order of 20 in-province then the remaining OOP. A more appropriate way of responding to your initial email is that the OOP waitlist does not take precedence over the regular waitlist, as in, an OOP waitlist candidate is not automatically admitted if an OOP student declines their offer.
 
Hopefully this expanded answer helps clear up any questions you and other applicants may have.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gigi for OT_21 said:

I didn't recieve this email.  Did everyone else? 

 

1 hour ago, PotentialOT said:

I received this from David this morning:

Due to some confusion surrounding the OOP waitlist that has been brought to our attention via email we've decided to provide additional information regarding the OOP waitlist situation. As you are not currently on the OOP waitlist I am providing you with this information as we believe the confusion may have stemmed from not expanding on the previous answer you were provided.

Out of Province applicants can only be admitted if there are two conditions met.

  1. As our program can only accept up to 10% of our domestic seats as Out of Province (meaning 5 seats), they can only be offered admission if another OOP student declines their offer of admission.
  2. If they are next in line on the waitlist.
 
What this means is that if no OOP students currently admitted declines their offer then we exhaust the regular waitlist first, which was the intention of my reply to your email. However, the two waitlists exist together and all OOP students are also assigned a regular waitlist number. As such I may have been in error by leading you to believe that the spots would be distributed in the order of 20 in-province then the remaining OOP. A more appropriate way of responding to your initial email is that the OOP waitlist does not take precedence over the regular waitlist, as in, an OOP waitlist candidate is not automatically admitted if an OOP student declines their offer.
 
Hopefully this expanded answer helps clear up any questions you and other applicants may have.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...