Premed 101 Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 

I got an email from David this morning saying that one person has been moved off the waitlist- so now I am #1. He also stated that some years there has been no movement so it's hard to predict whether or not some of us will get in 

Fingers crossed!

50 minutes ago, mulia said:

Hi Everyone! 

I got an email from David this mourning saying that one person has been moved off the waitlist- so now I am #1. He also stated that some years there has been no movement so it's hard to predict whether or not some of us will get in 

Fingers crossed!

Crikey! that's surprising... and discouraging on for those on the waitlist.  I guess I definitely won't expect to get in then. (I'm #16)  :p 

@mulia Thanks so much for the update!!  :)

17 minutes ago, mulia said:

I just got an email this morning saying I got a spot for this year's program!! Also there has been years in past where all 20 waitlist applicants got a seat... so don't lose hope just yet :)

Hi! Congratulations, that’s so exciting! I believe I’m #8 now - unless some others before me have taken themselves off the waitlist! Keeping my fingers crossed

I emailed david asking for some clarification on where I stand on the waitlist. I thought there were three separate waitlists, 1 for in-province domestic students, 1 for out of province domestic students and 1 for international students. That is not correct. There is 1 for domestic students, 1 for international students, and 1 for nothern rural cohort. When I applied originally for UBC I did apply for the northern rural cohort section, therefore I am number 5 on the nothern rural cohort waitlist and not on the domestic waitlist at all. He said 2 people have been offered spots off the northern rural cohort waitlist making my new position number 3. Those other 3 that were offered spots from the waitlist were either from the domestic or international student waitlist. I hope this information helps.