Premed 101 Forums

Clinic Clothes

Most stores are still closed and I dont really think it's too wise to go clothes shopping in person now. However, I have some observerships coming up and have NO IDEA what to wear in clinic. What do people wear? Seems like a suit is overkill but jeans is too casual. Please help with some suggestions - a clueless person that hates shopping

34 minutes ago, dooogs said:

Most stores are still closed and I dont really think it's too wise to go clothes shopping in person now. However, I have some observerships coming up and have NO IDEA what to wear in clinic. What do people wear? Seems like a suit is overkill but jeans is too casual. Please help with some suggestions - a clueless person that hates shopping

Dress pants and a shirt are usually fine! And by dress pants I don’t mean suit pants I mean like casual normal pants that aren’t jeans and come in various colours (grey, beige, navy blue etc), with a dress shirt or a sweater. Otherwise scrubs are also really common right now I honestly prefer not having to think about my outfits anymore haha 

For men basically, black pants/khakis/chinos and a dress shirt. Tie will depend on the clinic, if its surgery then yes if medicine then probably no. On peds if you show up in a tie we will laugh at you. A sweater is fine too.

Basically show up like this super generic outfit which is safe no matter what, then you can match what the attire your attending is wearing from then on.

777e975e68f19289c9acf75ce956f6b2.jpgc6a0094f29c4af10ab62f5b5fb3014a3.jpg

1 hour ago, bellejolie said:

Dress pants and a shirt are usually fine! And by dress pants I don’t mean suit pants I mean like casual normal pants that aren’t jeans and come in various colours (grey, beige, navy blue etc), with a dress shirt or a sweater. Otherwise scrubs are also really common right now I honestly prefer not having to think about my outfits anymore haha 

i love wearing scrubs. They hide the nervous sweats :rolleyes: