Premed 101 Forums

McGill Dental Admission Decisions 2020-2021

Guys... there is no thread for Dent-p, sorry if it's the wrong place :(

I have a small question : does anyone know if a bad casper can stop you from getting an interview for Dent-P? Even if I have safe CRC and casper is 20% ? I guess what I am asking is, is there a casper cutoff that is suspiciously high for a test worth 20% of the selection of candidates ?

I'd be grateful for any input. Thanks and best of luck for tomorrow. Must be such a crazy feeling !

28 minutes ago, shortie said:

Does this mean Minerva will remain 'further review required', so unchanged from interview invite? 

EDIT: just looked through last year's thread and saw it changes on minerva too. 

it changes on minerva too! but those who get accepted should get a phone call but later on accepted/waitlist/rejection will also be on minerva I believe 

18 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

Guys... there is no thread for Dent-p, sorry if it's the wrong place :(

I have a small question : does anyone know if a bad casper can stop you from getting an interview for Dent-P? Even if I have safe CRC and casper is 20% ? I guess what I am asking is, is there a casper cutoff that is suspiciously high for a test worth 20% of the selection of candidates ?

I'd be grateful for any input. Thanks and best of luck for tomorrow. Must be such a crazy feeling !

from what I know/heard.. you will never know how good or bad you did in casper for any program that requires casper. I dont know what a good casper is exactly considering they never really give your result. always try your best !! and good luck for Dent-p :) 

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable):  Got a phone call around 10:30am.

Result: Accepted

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt like I did OK at best for the first 2 stations. The rest went fine, I was myself and it went smoothly, although there was several stations where I felt like I ran out of time and couldn't say everything I wanted.

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: This is not my first time applying (far from). Anyone who wants it bad enough can and will get in. For those who were accepted, congratulations. For those who weren't, keep your head up. If you want it, it's gonna happen. Best wishes to all.

3 minutes ago, j98 said:

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable):  Got a phone call around 10:30am.

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt like I did OK at best for the first 2 stations. The rest went fine, I was myself and it went smoothly, although there was several stations where I felt like I ran out of time and couldn't say everything I wanted.

Comments: This is not my first time applying (far from). Anyone who wants it bad enough can and will get in. For those who were accepted, congratulations. For those who weren't, keep your head up. If you want it, it's gonna happen. Best wishes to all.

Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, has your status changed on Minerva yet? 

3 minutes ago, Vvvvvvvhz said:

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable): 10:48 (just checked my minerva)

Result: WL #4

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): first time taking MMI, feeling average...

IP/OOP/International:  QC University

Comments:

Congrats!!! I have a feeling the WL will move a lot this year since there was no DAT requirement. 

3 minutes ago, ggphd said:

Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, has your status changed on Minerva yet? 

Not yet. I was told on the phone that I'd receive the letter tomorrow. I don't know if Minerva is also going to change tomorrow or today.

Do you think all the phone calls have been completed? 

8 minutes ago, j98 said:

If you don't mind me asking – approximately how long did you speak for?