Premed 101 Forums

McGill Dental Admission Decisions 2020-2021

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable):  10:30  ish!!

Result: Accepted!!

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt really natural for me! Some stations went better than others, but overall I did not feel like i messed up any  station.

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: First time applying to Dent. This  is surreal. I cried on the phone and kept apologizing for crying as I was receiving my offer.

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable): 11:07 AM

Result: Accepted

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt that I absolutely bombed the interview, I hadn't properly prepared for the role-playing portions and I was very much out of my comfort zone. 

IP/OOP/International: Out of province

Comments: First time applying to McGill. I had a 3.96 adjusted GPA as well as publications and work/volunteer experience, so it's possible that those were more heavily weighted than expected.

Note: I will not be accepting their invitation as I was also accepted at UofT and that's my top school.

37 minutes ago, DrTooth said:

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable): 11:07 AM

Result: Accepted

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt that I absolutely bombed the interview, I hadn't properly prepared for the role-playing portions and I was very much out of my comfort zone. 

Comments: First time applying to McGill. I had a 3.96 adjusted GPA as well as publications and work/volunteer experience, so it's possible that those were more heavily weighted than expected.

Note: I will not be accepting their invitation as I was also accepted at UofT and that's my top school.

The last step at McGill is 100% interview, so no, you got in based on your interview alone. Congrats!!

Edit: forgot that this was for dent, in which case your GPA is worth 30% of your final score. So yeah, your GPA might have helped, but you had to do really well on the interview to be accepted too so congrats again :)

TIME STAMP/time of phone call (if applicable): 11:12

Result: Waiting list number 5

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt pretty comfortable during the interview. Thought it went smoothly.

Comments:  First time applying to McGill. I was pretty sad they don't look at GPA or anything after interviews... Hoping for the best.

36 minutes ago, ggphd said:

Congrats!!! I have a feeling the WL will move a lot this year since there was no DAT requirement. 

Thanks! But just wondering which WL I'm being placed in (IP or OOP?) because I am an international student while my admit type on minerva shows QC university??

11 minutes ago, PreMed#219099 said:

Does anyone know how much the QC University waitlist moves? 

It has moved as much as 27 spots and as little as 5. It depends on the year, the DAT, etc. If you’re under 6, it’s an acceptance pretty much. I suspect it’ll move quite a bit this year, at least 15 if I had to guess. 

54 minutes ago, keipop said:

The last step at McGill is 100% interview, so no, you got in based on your interview alone. Congrats!!

Edit: forgot that this was for dent, in which case your GPA is worth 30% of your final score. So yeah, your GPA might have helped, but you had to do really well on the interview to be accepted too so congrats again :)

Not sure if you're going off previous year info. but this year it's also 100% MMI for dent. 

https://www.mcgill.ca/dentistry/4-year-dmd-program/selection-process

5 minutes ago, ggphd said:

It has moved as much as 27 spots and as little as 5. It depends on the year, the DAT, etc. If you’re under 6, it’s an acceptance pretty much. I suspect it’ll move quite a bit this year, at least 15 if I had to guess. 

Haha, who knows. But its nice to know at least I have a chance. Less nice that now where I'll be come September is really up in the air.