Premed 101 Forums

McGill Acceptance, Waitlist and Rejections for Fall 2021

2 minutes ago, mamabear said:

Did anyone receive an email yet with the pdf of the Offer of Admission? I don't see any link next to my decision to access the file but there is no link to be found

Thank you! I had no idea this existed!

There's no email, it will be on Minerva! "Your official letter of acceptance can be found on Minerva. To consult your letter and verify your deadline, login to your Minerva account (Applicant Menu > Applicant Status) select your application and click on the PDF link next to your decision. This is your official letter of acceptance (you will not receive a hard copy by mail)"

https://www.mcgill.ca/accepted/nextsteps/accepting

8 minutes ago, MK. said:

There's no email, it will be on Minerva! "Your official letter of acceptance can be found on Minerva. To consult your letter and verify your deadline, login to your Minerva account (Applicant Menu > Applicant Status) select your application and click on the PDF link next to your decision. This is your official letter of acceptance (you will not receive a hard copy by mail)"

https://www.mcgill.ca/accepted/nextsteps/accepting

Yeah thats the weird thing. I don't see any link to a PDF on that page. it just says "Offer of Admission Accepted" and that's it. no link to anything after it. Weird. I might have to email them, unless my excitement has made me blind to something

3 minutes ago, mamabear said:

Yeah thats the weird thing. I don't see any link to a PDF on that page. it just says "Offer of Admission Accepted" and that's it. no link to anything after it. Weird. I might have to email them, unless my excitement has made me blind to something

I think that link is more general and doesn't entirely apply to med admissions. IIRC med admissions is supposed to mass-email everyone later tonight with the formal decisions and associated documentation/instructions.

6 minutes ago, mamabear said:

No, don't worry, I don't see any link either. Wait a day or two; for every uni, it always takes a moment before the system sends/makes available the letter after the admission offer!

TIME STAMP: 10:30

Result: Accepted with condition

MCAT: Nope

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt good about 2/3 of the MMI but the rest I felt like I did pretty badly, seems I was not that bad. 

Year: Completed MSW in 2016 and did my prereqs over the years. 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: 3rd time applying! Started to get some white beard from the stress of getting and interview and then an admission offer. GPA was 3.83 with a professional degree/title and 12 years in healthcare. Thank the stars this year was 100% interview. Good luck to all of you and don't give up at a refusal, just try again and think about what you can improve. I was fortunate enough for it to work for me but if you got to this point, you have the basics down. 

Don't think McGill saw someone pay their deposit as fast as me LOL. 

14 minutes ago, Médecine1 said:

Bon , j’ai reçu le courriel de Mcgill, mais ça n’indique pas quel campus ?!

J'ai reçu un e-mail mais je pense qu'il va y en avoir un autre avec la lettre d'admission officielle. Pour le moment tout ce que j'ai eu c'est qu'il y a eu une décision dans ma demande. On va voir demain surement

2 minutes ago, amt6500 said:

J'ai reçu un e-mail mais je pense qu'il va y en avoir un autre avec la lettre d'admission officielle. Pour le moment tout ce que j'ai eu c'est qu'il y a eu une décision dans ma demande. On va voir demain surement

ok dans Minerva il y a un pdf attaché à la décision et ça dit le campus !!! Montréal pour moi :)

20 minutes ago, cuckoogoral said:

Hi I got a conditional offer but they want me to send my mcat score as a tie breaker. Did anyone else get an similar offer? What if you haven’t done the mcat since it’s not a requirement for mcgill 

I've never heard of that, but there are some specific situations in which the MCAT is required IIRC so maybe it's possible you fall into one of those? Are you an in province applicant? Did you do your basis of admissions degree in Canada?

3 minutes ago, Vons said:

I've never heard of that, but there are some specific situations in which the MCAT is required IIRC so maybe it's possible you fall into one of those? Are you an in province applicant? Did you do your basis of admissions degree in Canada?

I’m OOP and did my undergrad in Canada. It does say that they use mcat scores if it renders your application more competitive. But I’m not sure how that would apply if I don’t have a mcat score.

Just now, cuckoogoral said:

I’m OOP and did my undergrad in Canada. It does say that they use mcat scores if it renders your application more competitive. But I’m not sure how that would apply if I don’t have a mcat score.

I had the same offer last cycle but I had written the MCAT for other schools and submitted it. It wasn't a great score but I got in so it really depends on your luck and if or not the other students in the category have a better score. 

6 minutes ago, cuckoogoral said:

If you haven't written the MCAT already then what can they really expect from you... to write it before July 31 or something? That just seems weird.

52 minutes ago, cuckoogoral said:

Hi I got a conditional offer but they want me to send my mcat score as a tie breaker. Did anyone else get an similar offer? What if you haven’t done the mcat since it’s not a requirement for mcgill 

This is the first time I've ever heard of this happening so yours could be a very exceptional case. Hoping you win the coin flip and get in! To the others asking whether the MCAT matters, I really don't think so 99% of the time.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, Organic Chemistry said:

TIME STAMP: 

Result: Admitted!!!!

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Went ok, but thought I messed up some stations.

Year: MSc completed.

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: This is my 4th time applying to medicine and 2nd time interviewing. I had a subpar GPA (3.65) that was haunting me for the past 5 years, but through a master's and numerous times applying, it went through. If you want something hard enough and try it enough times, you will get it eventually.

Hope We will get to meet :)

I am waitlisted Spot # 4 for mtl campus so keeping my fingers crossed for this year but I have a similar story, its my 4th time applying with a similar gpa as you. 

I did a B.Sc ( biochem) and B.Ed concurent degree at McGill which allowed me to teach, and then a masters at McGill simply because I wanted to, only decided at the end of my masters I wanted to pursue Medicine. I had a 3.65 so never thought I would even get an invite at all,  or was deserving enough. I had always just pursued my passions in life, with work and with extracurriculuar never did any of my degrees with medicine in mind, was always pursuing my passions. I never did the traditional shadowing or clinical volunteering experiences at all but what I loved instead. 

I have applied and interviewed 4 times now ( I ranked 140 first year, and then 103 second year, 79 third year) Last year I decided not to apply and really re-evaluate myself and how much i wanted med. My prerequisites were in the 80s  and they kept dragging my MMi score down despite me improving on my interview from year to year so I took last year worked full time while re-doing some of the prerequisites, it was tough as I work sometimes 60+ hours in a week but I still kept the prerequisites classes even after McGill announced they would not count and completed it and decided to apply this year my 4th time and was lucky enough to land an interview again. Feeling really blessed to have applied 4 times and interviewed 4 times and receiving such a good waitlist this year. I am 29, gonna be 30 in June so I am hopeful this will be the year. 

Feelings about MMI: honestly every year I have done it I actually felt worse about my performance, I think you become more reflective and critical of yourself and you really start to understand where you went wrong. This year I was realizing my mistakes as soon as I had finished with some MMI stations, so really was not sure where I would stand, so feeling very lucky. To everyone with lower gpa's - we are proof that you can still get in or get waitlisted :) to everyone getting a rejection, please feel free to reach out. I have been there, I know hot it feels if you need support or advice. Remember that a rejection only means a No for this year, fear regret not failure and that most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure. Sending everyone lots of love in these uncertain times, especially during pandemic times, receiving a rejection can be heartbreaking, receving a second or third rejection even more so. Please know you are not alone and if you needs words of comfort or support to reach out <3 

To everyone who got in a huge big contratz!!! I hope the waitlist moved up till spot 4 and I am lucky enough to meet all of you