Premed 101 Forums

McGill Acceptance, Waitlist and Rejections for Fall 2021

TIME STAMP: Mar 21 8:31 PM PST 

Result: ADMITTED

MCAT: 517 (129/126/131/131)

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt poorly about one station. Honestly can’t remember how I felt about the others, and I really tried hard not to ruminate about them.

Year: Finished first UG in 2016 and second UG in 2020

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Comments: I can’t believe I have been accepted to McGill as an OOP applicant, but im here for it!

11 minutes ago, GOODATGETTINGREJECTED said:

TIME STAMP: Mar 21 8:31 PM PST 

Result: ADMITTED

MCAT: 517 (129/126/131/131)

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt poorly about one station. Honestly can’t remember how I felt about the others, and I really tried hard not to ruminate about them.

Year: Finished first UG in 2016 and second UG in 2020

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Comments: I can’t believe I have been accepted to McGill as an OOP applicant, but im here for it!

Congrats! Guess you'll have to change your username now? :P 

On 3/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, barelygettingby said:

My waitlist ranking is around the mid-20's for Montreal, anyone know what kind of chance I have of getting in? 

Hey:) I'm #20 IP for MTL and I went through other forums from the past years (2017 to present) since McGill doesn't show the past years trends on their websites. According to the forums (information would have to be verified though), they always went above #20 for Montreal IP (last year it was in the 50's) so I think it's reasonable to be hopeful!:)

1 hour ago, B.Sc. Psychology said:

Hey:) I'm #20 IP for MTL and I went through other forums from the past years (2017 to present) since McGill doesn't show the past years trends on their websites. According to the forums (information would have to be verified though), they always went above #20 for Montreal IP (last year it was in the 50's) so I think it's reasonable to be hopeful!:)

Last year was weird (last minute addition of seats by the QC government, opening of a new campus, also perhaps uncertainty about curriculum during a pandemic, etc.) so I'm not sure if it's possible to get any info from it. It's really hard to get any trends from previous years (even back to 2015 and 2016) due to so many factors. Hope it moves past the #20 as well into mid 20s.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, hopefullyRD said:

Anyone knows how much the waitlist moves for internationals???????

TIME STAMP: 9H03

Result: #1 on the waitlist for internationals 

MCAT: -

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I did a ton of practice. i felt pretty good afterwards. 

Year: finished undergrad 

IP/OOP/International: 

international 

Hey!:) I think the waitlist moved by one for internationals! https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/waitlist-post-interview

The waitlist for most categories is still and it has been a number of weeks. Is this a bad sign or do they usually have a large wave of waitlist movement in May?

What are the chances that IP Montreal will go past 45? Practically zero I'm guessing? (barring that anything super unusual happens this year).

5 hours ago, johannesbach said:

The waitlist for most categories is still and it has been a number of weeks. Is this a bad sign or do they usually have a large wave of waitlist movement in May?

What are the chances that IP Montreal will go past 45? Practically zero I'm guessing? (barring that anything super unusual happens this year).

Since McGill sends out decisions relatively early in the year, there's typically more waitlist movement once other schools send out theirs, particularly after the French schools and the Ontario schools make their announcements. IIRC that's all end of April/mid May.

As for the IP waitlist going to 45, it seems quite unlikely. Last year McGill got a bunch of extra seats approved pretty late in the cycle, which partially explains the extreme waitlist movement. This year I'm not sure McGill is getting more seats at all, so I don't think we can expect anything comparable. I've heard that prior to the 2020 cycle, the IP waitlist could generally be expected to move 15-25 spots. Unfortunately you can't really count on it since it depends so much on the specifics of each admitted class.

4 hours ago, Vons said:

Since McGill sends out decisions relatively early in the year, there's typically more waitlist movement once other schools send out theirs, particularly after the French schools and the Ontario schools make their announcements. IIRC that's all end of April/mid May.

As for the IP waitlist going to 45, it seems quite unlikely. Last year McGill got a bunch of extra seats approved pretty late in the cycle, which partially explains the extreme waitlist movement. This year I'm not sure McGill is getting more seats at all, so I don't think we can expect anything comparable. I've heard that prior to the 2020 cycle, the IP waitlist could generally be expected to move 15-25 spots. Unfortunately you can't really count on it since it depends so much on the specifics of each admitted class.

I think French schools send announcements at the end of april! Expect more of movement by then!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, cuckoogoral said:

Hi I got a conditional offer but they want me to send my mcat score as a tie breaker. Did anyone else get an similar offer? What if you haven’t done the mcat since it’s not a requirement for mcgill 

Any follow up on this? 

Salut! est-ce que vous ou quelqu'un que vous connaissez ont été accepté à l'université McGill et pour qui l'offre d'admission a été retiré à cause du fait que votre cote r ait diminué à la 4ièeme session? je ne crois pas que j'ai bien fait cette session ma cote r va surement diminuer, et j'ai vu sur la letter d'admission qu'il faut "maintain your current level of academic achievement and obtain the Diploma of Collegial Studies" ? oh et j'ai déjà payé les frais d'admission