Premed 101 Forums

McGill Acceptance, Waitlist and Rejections for Fall 2021

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

w e l l - thank you for the positive thought! TIME STAMP: 11h27 Result: Admitted With Condition MCAT: N/A Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): This was one of the countl

Around 24h left!! Wish you all the best 

They're up!! Result: Accepted!!! <3  MCAT: 526 (132/130/132/132) Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt goodish, thought I messed up one station  Year: 3rd UG

Posted Images

Result: Waitlist - Rank # 1!!!!!!!!

MCAT: 513 (128/128/127/130)

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): No clue lol. Thought it want pretty well! Just tried to relax and have fun with it!

Year: Year Off - Finished an MSc

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Comments: I am so so so excited and can't believe it!!!!! Are any OOP applicants planning on declining their offers? I'm guessing the waitlist almost always moves a bit for OOP right?

7 minutes ago, WaitingGame123 said:

Result: Waitlist - Rank # 1!!!!!!!!

MCAT: 513 (128/128/127/130)

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): No clue lol. Thought it want pretty well! Just tried to relax and have fun with it!

Year: Year Off - Finished an MSc

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Comments: I am so so so excited and can't believe it!!!!! Are any OOP applicants planning on declining their offers? I'm guessing the waitlist almost always moves a bit for OOP right?

No worries. You are in. You can be sure of that!

TIME STAMP: 11h

Result: admitted with conditions 

MCAT: -

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Je comprends même pas comment j’ai été accepté tellement que ça mal été. 

Year:  Finishing Masters 

IP/OOP/International: IP 

Comments:  Incroyable comme sentiment! Je veux remercier le groupe de pratique qu’on a eu pour le MMI organisé par medicomage. J’ai vu que plusieurs ont rentré de nos sessions de pratique et je pense pas que j’aurais rentré sans vous!

Est-ce que quelqu’un comment on sait le campus auquel on est accepté ? merci d’avance 

TIME STAMP: 11:18

Result: Refusée

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): It was my first MMI ever. I thought it went well and I had a lot of fun during. I am kinda shocked, I thought I would at least be on the waiting list. I'm still waiting on answers from other universities so I won't be losing hope. 

Year: 1st year MSc

Comments: Congratulations to everyone who got in, I'm really happy for you! :) 

4 minutes ago, Nicolas said:

TIME STAMP: 11h

Result: admitted with conditions 

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Je comprends même pas comment j’ai été accepté tellement que ça mal été. 

Year:  Finishing Masters 

Comments:  Incroyable comme sentiment! Je veux remercier le groupe de pratique qu’on a eu pour le MMI organisé par medicomage. J’ai vu que plusieurs ont rentré de nos sessions de pratique et je pense pas que j’aurais rentré sans vous!

Est-ce que quelqu’un comment on sait le campus auquel on est accepté ? merci d’avance 

Congratsss!!!! Je suis bien content que ça a marché pour toi finalement <3 

53 minutes ago, hamsterman11 said:

I thought you got in and I was so happy for you :lol:

w e l l - thank you for the positive thought!

TIME STAMP: 11h27

Result: Admitted With Condition

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): This was one of the countless experiences in my life that made look back on my existence, realizing it has only been a quintessential part of the definition of failure- ・⌒・
(I felt confident for half of 1 station)

Year: 3rd year UG

Comments: When I was in cegep, I sent to my sibling a picture of McGill's building, with the caption "[slides $20] pls accept me". 4 years later, it's 500 bucks, but ok, we'll cut on heating-

Congrats to you all, and keep on the hard work and chase for your ambitions. ♡

7 minutes ago, Med201920 said:

they don't give a rank. since the list is very short. you might be the 1# on the list

Yes that's written on the website, but there is a #4 written on minerva...

Do you know what are the chances that 4 people cancel for a one spot position at Mcgill? any stats on that? 

TIME STAMP: 10h30

Result: Admitted With Condition

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I genuinely thought that I had performed poorly in at least one station, albeit the five other stations being great overall. 

Year: B.Sc., M.Sc.

Comments: First time applying; I am feeling quite ecstatic. Congratulations to everyone! 

TIME STAMP: Opened it around 12, so I don't know...

Result: Admitted with conditions 

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I had fun doing them, felt not so bad after. Kept doubting my answers after, and thought it went badly... (I'm a francophone and did the interviews in english).

Year:  First year masters degree

Comments:  I can't believe it. Had doubts I'd ever get in, then this. Trust yourself. If you are truly passionnate about medecine don't give up!!!  (First time applying to McGill, but I was refused 3 times beforehand by Quebec schools.) (ps: Practicing with the prep group (MMI practice on the forumpremed101) really helped!)

3 minutes ago, ToujoursGolgi said:

TIME STAMP: Opened it around 12, so I don't know...

Result: Admitted with conditions 

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I had fun doing them, felt not so bad after. Kept doubting my answers after, and thought it went badly... (I'm a francophone and did the interviews in english).

Year:  First year masters degree

Comments:  I can't believe it. Had doubts I'd ever get in, then this. Trust yourself. If you are truly passionnate about medecine don't give up!!!  (First time applying to McGill, but I was refused 3 times beforehand by Quebec schools.) (ps: Practicing with the prep group on discord really helped!)

Je dois dire aussi que les pratiques m’ont vraiment aidée !!! Le feedback des gens, le fait d’avoir été mise en situation déstabilisante, etc.

Just now, Med201920 said:

last year it moved 56 positions, but it was exceptional due to the added 20 seats (at last minute the ministry of health added 20 seats).

Oh yeah true. But I meant as in, what's the last position someone can be on the waitlist before they are officially "rejected". Does it cap at a particular number like in the 100s?

1 minute ago, Med201920 said:

last year it moved 56 positions, but it was exceptional due to the added 20 seats (at last minute the ministry of health added 20 seats).

I'm assuming the 56 positions were not separated into individual campus positions? i'm curious how far the MTL will move down.

TIME STAMP: 11h am

Result: Waitlist: #20 (MLT) #7(OUT)

MCAT:  -

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Could have been better but it was still pretty fun.

Year: 3e année de bac en psychologie

GPA: 3,96

Does anyone know how far does the waitlist tend to go? I think last year I read it went up to #38 (Mtl) and #18(Out) but I don't know if it's even true... Can somebody answer this question?