Premed 101 Forums

McGill Acceptance, Waitlist and Rejections for Fall 2021

6 minutes ago, Med201920 said:

last year it moved 56 positions, but it was exceptional due to the added 20 seats (at last minute the ministry of health added 20 seats).

Was this for both campuses and all programs? I’m in the #30s for MTL in the Quebec university pool but doubt i would make it.

2 hours ago, Med201920 said:

IME STAMP: 8h45

TIME STAMP 10h20

Result: Waitlisted

MCAT: 518 (not required though

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I prepared a lot! felt like I messed up one station...so don't know

Year: Did 2 undergrads 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I can't see my rank , anybody can help?

It's at the bottom of the Checklist!:)

On 3/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, Great_Wumbo said:

I'm only truly overwhelmingly stressed about the possibility of getting an uncertain Waitlist. I'll be content with either a flat out R or A, anything in between and I'm stuck in limbo in my mistake of a semester. 

To me 19 hours ago, you legit cursed yourself you dummy. I am officially Waitlisted :(

Congrats to everyone that got Admitted straight up! 

12 minutes ago, Great_Wumbo said:

To me 19 hours ago, you legit cursed yourself you dummy. I am officially Waitlisted :(

Congrats to everyone that got Admitted straight up! 

Nevermind, #63 on waitlist! Bahahah time to drop everything no chance it is going that high.

48mtl and 26 Ottawa here. I think it's dead for me.

Waitlisted (#50)

I am honestly shocked. My feeling post MMI was very positive, to the point where I don't know (even now) what I possibly could have done to improve. I prepped like crazy, answered every question eloquently, and was very confident overall. If I had to rate my own performance it would be 8.5/10 minimum with one station being iffy. If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate if you PM me with how yours went! I have to regroup and collect my thoughts, but it's hard when you don't know what you could have done differently. 

Best of luck to those who got in, and for those that didn't, let's keep our heads high and keep trying (as difficult and discouraging as this may be). 

3 minutes ago, MedicA1 said:

Am I right to assume that I was admitted in my first campus choice since I am not given any information on potential waitlist options regarding campus selection? I am eager to accept my offer, but I would still appreciate knowing what it entails. 

I believe we will be informed of our campus once the PDF acceptance letters come out

I'm so excited for you guys just reading this thread....

Big congrats to those who were admitted, and to everyone else too !!!  :D Getting to this interview point is a huge accomplishment :) ,and I'm proud of you, I can't imagine how much effort was put into this.  

I really pray I'll be lucky enough to get an interview invite, like you guys (I'll find out tomorrow, I'm Med-P applicant), and reading this thread makes me happy.

1 minute ago, phgyMan said:

I believe we will be informed of our campus once the PDF acceptance letters come out

I see... How does the waitlist work then?

-> Do we move in front of other applicants already in the waitlist if we decline our initial offer? If not, no one would willingly decline and move the 50th position, right?

-> What if we already accepted it as well as paid the deposit?

I personally remember the admission team telling us that we would see where we stand in the waitlist in the eventuality that we received an offer for our second campus choice, but that is not the case on Minerva

We shall see! 

TIME STAMP: 

Result: Admitted!!!!

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Went ok, but thought I messed up some stations.

Year: MSc completed.

Comments: This is my 4th time applying to medicine and 2nd time interviewing. I had a subpar GPA (3.65) that was haunting me for the past 5 years, but through a master's and numerous times applying, it went through. If you want something hard enough and try it enough times, you will get it eventually.

TIME STAMP: Around 12:30pm

Result: Admitted with condition!!!

MCAT: N/A

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt unsure about 2 stations but mostly confident on the rest.

Year: MSc finished

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I honestly can't believe it! I was so prepared to get waitlisted again I didn't even want to check the results on Minerva. So excited to meet everyone soon ahhhh!!!

40 minutes ago, Great_Wumbo said:

I'm sorry to hear that, better luck to you next time!

I hope its dead for me at 63, I am already making preparations to drop this horrid, poorly taught and poorly graded online semester and begin my summer early :cool:

I would have preferred a straight rejection. Right I feel that I am being tortured and will end dead anyways

On 3/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, Mikasa said:

TIME STAMP: 

Result: 

MCAT: not required 

Feeling About MMI: Also terrible. Time went by so fast and I feel like I didn't show my best self.  I expect a rejection letter 

Year: B.Sc. medical biology + first year Pharm.D 

GPA:  3.98 

TIME STAMP: 

Result: Waitlist (far)

MCAT: not required 

Feeling About MMI: Also terrible. Time went by so fast and I feel like I didn't show my best self.  I expect a rejection letter 

Year: B.Sc. medical biology + first year Pharm.D 

GPA:  3.98 

It was my first interview ever. Didnt show my best self so at least I know that I can do better. Congratulation for everybody that got in. Im trying to pin point what is a good interview and what isn't, so if someone that got in could give me advice on what quality they think they show the most, or just general advice, I will really appreciate

TIME STAMP: 

Result: Accepted with Condition! (not sure what the condition is really? Im already done my degree and everything, anybody know?)

MCAT: 512

Feeling About MMI: Half good half bad. Felt I did good at showing my personal qualities but struggled with the timing of the standard interview questions. Was honestly beating myself up the last month because I was totally expecting a rejection, and McGill is my first choice

Year: Graduated B.Sc. Neuroscience in 2019

IP/OOP/International: IP 

GPA:  3.97 

Warm congratulations to each and everyone of those who got in. Make sure to never forget the excitation as it will propel you and be a constant reminder of why you embarked on this path down the road. In 1 year time, you’ll be doing your block F and wondering how fast time flies in that environment. Welcome to McGill!

To those in the waitlist, the game is still on. Do not lose hope until the very end, life always has something in reserves for all of us. 

To those who got rejected, I have been there and I know it musn’t be easy. Talk to your loved and closed ones about it to make your heart light. Cry if need be. If you have faith, ask God (or any other entity you believe in) to give you the strength and peace you need to move forward as everything happens for a reason and nothing lasts forever. You’ll get that “admitted with condition” message on your minerva eventually, please do not give up. 

Did anyone receive an email yet with the pdf of the Offer of Admission? I don't see any link next to my decision to access the file but there is no link to be found

14 minutes ago, Vons said:

Thank you! I had no idea this existed!