Premed 101 Forums

How difficult is it to come back to Canada as a family physician after postgraduate training in the UK/Ireland?

Hi everyone, 

I'm a Canadian currently in Ireland finishing up intern year this coming July. I had a very rough final year (2018-2019) in which I failed to match back to Canada which led to me failing final year surgery and having to re-sit that exam. Thankfully I was productive with my year off doing electives and research (2019-2020) which led to a publication. Applied to CaRMS again for 2020 and although I got an interview I still didn't match. 

Started internship this year (2020-2021) and applied for the GP/family medicine training scheme. I interviewed well and just found out I got offered a spot last week starting July. I consider myself extremely lucky to have come this far especially as a Non-EU with a failure to my record. This time last year I was questioning about whether I would even be a doctor. 

I have a few general questions about coming back to Canada for those who have done it or know people who have

1) Can I come back to Canada immediately after finishing the MIGP and completing the 4-year training program with certification or do I have to spend some time practicing in Ireland before coming back? 

2) Do I have to sit the CCFP exam if I already passed the MICGP one? 

3) Will I need QE1/QE2? 

4) ROS in Ontario? 

Thanks in advanced!