Premed 101 Forums

UWO Class of 2025 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

Result: Waitlisted

GPA: 3.96

DAT: 24PAT/28AA/27RC

ABS: A few publications from working in research on co-op terms, decent amount of shadowing and volunteering. Zero involvement in clubs and groups during my undergrad though.

Interview: I felt okay about it but there were some answers I know I could have done much better on.

7 hours ago, beepsndeeps said:

Result: Accepted

GPA: 87.5%

DAT: 23PAT/21AA/19RC

ABS: very strong (Maxed out everything, mostly long term stuff (2-6 years))

Interview: Went well

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Why did you change your post? I saw your first post here an hour ago and all of your stats were entirely different.   I have a screenshot of it. 

GPA: 92% (best 2 years)

DAT: 23AA/21PAT/19RC

ABS: Research, presidency, lots of volunteering, lots of shadowing, worked in dental clinic, assistant coach.

Interview: Honestly, I think I bombed it like after the interview I was like whyyyyyyyyyyy did I say thatttttt..... So honestly I am beyond grateful. Western was the only school I applied to and has been my dream school since high school. I hope everyone eventually makes their dream come true! Msg me if you need more info!

Result: Waitlisted

GPA: 92% (also finished masters)

DAT: 21PAT/21AA/19RC

ABS: Quite diverse, some research and lots of jobs/volunteering. Lacking on shadowing and dental specific activities.

Interview: Felt it went okay, answers were fine but did not feel a connection to interviewers at all.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? How many typically make it in off the list or have heard what their rank is (I just emailed them today about it). Any info would be great. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Result: Waitlist

GPA:88.8% (top 2 years)

DAT: 21AA 24 RC 25 PAT

ABS: okay/maybe slightly above avg (lots of employment(every summer+during school), 1 or 2 volunteer/leadership for multiple years, research for 3 years with multiple projects, shadowing over the past year)

Interview: felt good, went the full 30 minutes and did not have issues with my answers except for maybe one of the questions. Interview went how others have said it went, couldnt really connect with them but tried to bring up my own experiences when applicable

GPA: 84%

DAT: 22AA 19RC 23 PAT

ABS: multiple research projects, shadowing 60+ hours, club involvement throughout degree, employment leadership roles

Interview: was really happy with how it went! I was confident and comfortable in my answers at the time, of course second guessing everything post interview - super happy and surprised how it turned out.

Beyond excited and grateful to be accepted to Western! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Does anyone know if there is a facebook or messaging platform to connect?

IP

GPA: 84%

DAT: 23AA 25RC 21PAT

ABS: HBSc. conferred June 2020. 2x wet lab research for grad students during my undergrad (one as a paid PT job, one unpaid through a course), 1 PT job in retail, 1 FT job in a medical lab (currently working here), 2x shadowing dentists (~ 125 hours total), volunteerism (at an adoption centre, as a tutor for first-year undergrads, in a first-year undergrad psychology lab, etc.), school clubs (pre-dental club, etc.)

Interview: medium. I prepared for a week - definitely not enough time. In this time I was able to learn how to answer the questions and knew what to say but I wasn't able to shake off the nerves. So although I was happy with my answers to the questions and was able to bring up my experiences, I don't think my personality showed as I hoped it would. I was nervous so I talked fast and rushed in saying my answers because the time limit stressed me out - all of which I think could have been avoided if I practiced longer/with others over video call 

IP

GPA: 87-88%

DAT: 21AA / 19RC / 19PAT

ABS: Strong I think. Many unique leadership, volunteer and research experiences.

Interview: I thought it went well. I used the whole 30 minutes and the interviewers seemed to like me.

Are they not giving out information about waitlist ranking this year? I emailed them for more details and all they said is that they cannot provide information about waitlist position. I know in previous years they had a low, mid, high tier system and they would hint as to where you placed.