Premed 101 Forums

CMA c2025 backpack colour choices (w/ pics)

INTJ-A

28 minutes ago, shikimate said:

Do you guys think CMA/OMA still have the old ones somewhere in a warehouse or can we order them through high sierra? The straps on mine are falling apart.

I think I looked into it at one point several years ago and was told that if they couldn't repair mine they'd send me another colour.  So I just took it to a random tailor and got it mended. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, EthicsForBreakfast said:

Disappointing. Considering there were new options like bright blue, pink, etc and they went with one that a cohort (2013) has already had? I think I would have preferred yellow or grey.

Yes, dissapointing. I wont be using it. I feel like the worst colors are chosen now... 

I love the med backpacks... if anyone doesn't want theirs I will happily give it a home! :D The straps on mine have fallen apart :(

Given the news lately, I think the dark orange is a very topical and relevant colour. From the pictures I saw on Twitter it's a much nicer orange than the traffic pilon orange a few years ago :) 

26 minutes ago, who_knows said:

The last thing we need is politicizing backpacks :rolleyes:

To each thine own I guess. Either way, I actually think it's a reasonably nice orange based on the pictures I've seen - if my eyes melt upon seeing the backpack in person some day I will revise my vote to something other than "eh, seems fine to me". 

They still haven't done the nearly fluorescent pink they've threatened on a few of the polls in more recent years :lol: I cannot imagine what the internet outrage machine would say if they did.  

9 minutes ago, MSWschnoodle said:

what the internet outrage machine would say if they did

:D agree. But seriously, for some people it's hard to use bright pink/blue Barbie colours, it will literally mean never using the backpack and never having this experience. I think, the colours should be neutral or individualized for each person.

10 hours ago, who_knows said:

:D agree. But seriously, for some people it's hard to use bright pink/blue Barbie colours, it will literally mean never using the backpack and never having this experience. I think, the colours should be neutral or individualized for each person.

they only problem is the backpacks are supposed to be advertising - I mean that is why MD financial is helping pay for them. That means they would have to stand out. Plus they are trying to create class cohesion - so same colour (plus cheaper to order X in the same colour etc.). Bottom line is there are other objectives at play here.