Premed 101 Forums

CMA c2025 backpack colour choices (w/ pics)

INTJ-A

22 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

they only problem is the backpacks are supposed to be advertising - I mean that is why MD financial is helping pay for them. That means they would have to stand out. Plus they are trying to create class cohesion - so same colour (plus cheaper to order X in the same colour etc.). Bottom line is there are other objectives at play here. 

I don't think MD Financial pays for them anymore.  They haven't been on the bag since 2017.

8 hours ago, seewhathappens said:

I don't think MD Financial pays for them anymore.  They haven't been on the bag since 2017.

True - not as directly for sure :) There is still the large cash amount given to CMA when MD financial was sold which is financing operations. I suppose my point is that they still have an advertising function so there is a bias towards the bright colours in general (never seen a year at least lately when most of the colour options were more standard/ neutral colours). 

Edited by rmorelan

On 7/9/2021 at 7:18 PM, LostLamb said:

It’s a free backpack. 
So much internet rage over the colour of a free promotional item. 

It’s amazing how such a benign item could be so polarizing. 

I like the colour, they look like a burnt sienna rather than traffic cone orange of previous years. 

Same feelings here. Dunno why there's so much emotional investment in a bag colour lol. Free stuff is awesome. I guess generally:

2086697771_nostrongfeelings.gif.eec58f5f4484d30ced5cfc48da86a719.gif

1 hour ago, PopShoppe said:

Same feelings here. Dunno why there's so much emotional investment in a bag colour lol. Free stuff is awesome. I guess generally:

2086697771_nostrongfeelings.gif.eec58f5f4484d30ced5cfc48da86a719.gif

Foreal. Meanwhile I'm like: don't like my bright yellow bag? bury it deep down my closet and continue to use the backpack i've been using for ages :lol:

5 hours ago, shikimate said:

They're kinda neat for CaRMS tour (if that ever comes back lol), easy to spot people at the airport and make some friends from across the country that way.

Agree, and for electives! Still though, if you wanna be identified you’ll wear it no matter what colour. 

or you could just wear a large sign around your neck “MS2” or “CC3” but a loud (free) bag is still preferable imho.