Premed 101 Forums

M.D.,C.M. - Basic Cardiac Life Support Mandatory Formation (2021)

MedicA1

2 minutes ago, MedicA1 said:

You need to provide all of your official final transcripts, whether is it undergraduate or postgraduate. Indeed, you should already have an entry for each degree on Minerva

Ok perfect thank you ! Also If the result for a class is postponed for another session will this affect my application ? 

3 minutes ago, MedicA1 said:

As long as you get your official final transcript sent to McGill University by July, you should be fine. If that is impossible (because of the aforementioned reason), you should contact the Office of Admissions. 

Alright ! Yes it's possible except that the admission will see a * regarding this class, they won't see a grade is it ok ? 

3 minutes ago, MedicA1 said:

I am afraid I do not have the answer to this question. You should contact the Office of Admissions. Best of luck! 

No problem thank you so much ! i'm wondering if it's better to cancel the class or just to check with the admission team (today is the last day to cancel the class and I still don't have the answer from the admission team) 

3 hours ago, edu2021 said:

No problem thank you so much ! i'm wondering if it's better to cancel the class or just to check with the admission team (today is the last day to cancel the class and I still don't have the answer from the admission team) 

If the class is for your master's degree I don't think it matters. Your basis of admissions degree needs to be officially granted by July 31 and they need to see a final transcript to verify that, but it's just your undergraduate (basis of admissions) degree. There are lots of people on these forums who have had master's or doctorate degrees in progress when they start the MDCM program. Some of them finish the graduate degree while in med school, while I think others just leave it unfinished. I think they want the official transcripts either way, but for a graduate program it doesn't need to say that the degree has been completed and awarded.

Edit: I might have misunderstood the problem, but if it's just about a class on your master's degree transcript not having a grade then again I don't think McGill admissions really cares.

4 minutes ago, Vons said:

If the class is for your master's degree I don't think it matters. Your basis of admissions degree needs to be officially granted by July 31 and they need to see a final transcript to verify that, but it's just your undergraduate (basis of admissions) degree. There are lots of people on these forums who have had master's or doctorate degrees in progress when they start the MDCM program. Some of them finish the graduate degree while in med school, while I think others just leave it unfinished. I think they want the official transcripts either way, but for a graduate program it doesn't need to say that the degree has been completed and awarded.

Alright ! thank you so much for your answer !!! It helps me a lot :D 

Hey guys quick question for immunization, I went this week

For Section D. Pertussis - I have had 3 doses of Tdap but the nurse said I had my last  Tdap at 17 years old and 10 months, and that according to the form we needed to have had the last vaccination at age 18 or over? So she left it blank for the time being 

On the form  it says "Newly admitted McGill students: For PIQ, 1 dose given at any age is accepted." and then underath this it says " A one-time pertussis vaccine (Tdap or Tdap-Polio) given at age 18 years or older (required even if not due for a booster)

I have 3 doses of TDap with last one being at age 17/10 months do you think i need another one? I'm not quite sure what is meant by "For PIQ, 1 dose given at any age is accepted" but then it specified also says we need one tdap over 18? so is it indeed that any age is accepted or does our last dose need to be over 18, I find this statement a little confusing in the form, can someone clarify? 

Also who do we contact for questions regarding immunizations?  

1 hour ago, Cardiolove01 said:

Hey guys quick question for immunization, I went this week

For Section D. Pertussis - I have had 3 doses of Tdap but the nurse said I had my last  Tdap at 17 years old and 10 months, and that according to the form we needed to have had the last vaccination at age 18 or over? So she left it blank for the time being 

On the form  it says "Newly admitted McGill students: For PIQ, 1 dose given at any age is accepted." and then underath this it says " A one-time pertussis vaccine (Tdap or Tdap-Polio) given at age 18 years or older (required even if not due for a booster)

I have 3 doses of TDap with last one being at age 17/10 months do you think i need another one? I'm not quite sure what is meant by "For PIQ, 1 dose given at any age is accepted" but then it specified also says we need one tdap over 18? so is it indeed that any age is accepted or does our last dose need to be over 18, I find this statement a little confusing in the form, can someone clarify? 

Also who do we contact for questions regarding immunizations?  

Well for McGill you're all set, because you've met the PIQ requirement of 1 dose at any age (which is what you need to enter a clinical environment in Quebec). You could just have the nurse write in the most recent dose and call it good. You only need to have the pertussis booster after 18 years old in order to do clinical electives outside of Quebec IIRC. That said it's probably easiest to just get another dose done now to avoid delays in the future.

I think questions about the immunizations have to go through the McGill Wellness Hub(?) according to this. But I don't know how willing they'll be to discuss your situation before you've submitted the paperwork.

I have a question about the immunization form. Where did you guys went to get it done ? I'm from Montreal I called CLSC they told me they can't do it for me right now because of covid, I went to my local clinic the doctor wasn't able to do it. I finally called McGill (pôle du bien-être) but they told me it can take up to 4 weeks which is long ! I know I have a lot of vaccines to do so I can't waste a lot of time :/ 

Just now, edu2021 said:

I have a question about the immunization form. Where did you guys went to get it done ? I'm from Montreal I called CLSC they told me they can't do it for me right now because of covid, I went to my local clinic the doctor wasn't able to do it. I finally called McGill (pôle du bien-être) but they told me it can take up to 4 weeks which is long ! I know I have a lot of vaccines to do so I can't waste a lot of time :/ 

Well if you know which vaccinations you need you could just go you your local clinic and ask for them. Just make sure you get enough documentation to have the McGill nurses fill out the form for you.

26 minutes ago, Vons said:

Well for McGill you're all set, because you've met the PIQ requirement of 1 dose at any age (which is what you need to enter a clinical environment in Quebec). You could just have the nurse write in the most recent dose and call it good. You only need to have the pertussis booster after 18 years old in order to do clinical electives outside of Quebec IIRC. That said it's probably easiest to just get another dose done now to avoid delays in the future.

I think questions about the immunizations have to go through the McGill Wellness Hub(?) according to this. But I don't know how willing they'll be to discuss your situation before you've submitted the paperwork.

Thank you amazing, thanks for clarfying! I didn't know what PIQ meant haha 

Ya the nurse told me because I had my covid 19 vaccine I'm not allowed to get new vaccinations for at least 1 month, I will prob wait for my 2 covid 19 doses and then get it done, thanks for answering so fast <3 

8 minutes ago, edu2021 said:

I had the same problem. Because of covid a lot of clinics aren't doing immunization forms and the clscs are just refusing to do it. I called my clsc and they put me on a waitlist and never got back to me. I called even went to a walk in clinic and they said to go to the CLSC lol. I ended up going to a private clinic and just paying for them to fill the form and give me whatever vaccines and blood tests I needed. 

17 minutes ago, edu2021 said:

So I called the CLSC thats like 10 minute walking distance - they told me I'm not " in their area of service" so they sent me to one an hour away by metro haha - but when I first called they initially told me no because of covid but when I said  its for mcgill medicine and that I need to have it done by a certain date they said not a problem then, so maybe try mentioning this when you call? and check which CLSC is associated to your postal code as they didn't allow me to book at the walking distance one 

9 minutes ago, hopefulpremed98 said:

I had the same problem. Because of covid a lot of clinics aren't doing immunization forms and the clscs are just refusing to do it. I called my clsc and they put me on a waitlist and never got back to me. I called even went to a walk in clinic and they said to go to the CLSC lol. I ended up going to a private clinic and just paying for them to fill the form and give me whatever vaccines and blood tests I needed. 

I went to CLSC on cavendish ( 5800 Cavendish Blvd, Côte Saint-Luc, Quebec H4W 2T5) they do serology tests there, and vaccinations and they were pretty free for vaccination app ( don't know if they will allow u to book if ure not living near there but you can try if you need any other stuff done for mcgill vaccines) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I have a question regarding the immunization form. I recently opened an old email from the faculty that says that we have to use the 2021 form, but when I click on the link it's only the 2020 form that is available for now. Were you guys able to find the 2021 form ? Thank you !

13 minutes ago, edu2021 said:

Hi everyone, 

I have a question regarding the immunization form. I recently opened an old email from the faculty that says that we have to use the 2021 form, but when I click on the link it's only the 2020 form that is available for now. Were you guys able to find the 2021 form ? Thank you !

As of now, the 2021 Immunisation Form is still unavailable, that is, even on the AFMC website. That said, I reckon that the Office of Admissions informed some students to proceed with the 2020 version. If I were you, I would definitely start the process as soon as possible as it may require several weeks to complete. 

4 minutes ago, MedicA1 said:

As of now, the 2021 Immunisation Form is still unavailable, that is, even on the AFMC website. That said, I reckon that the Office of Admissions informed some students to proceed with the 2020 version. If I were you, I would definitely start the process as soon as possible as it may require several weeks to complete. 

Ok thank you ! Yes I already started the process with the 2020 form but I just noticed that the 2021 is required. If it's ok I will leave it like that :)