Premed 101 Forums

M.D.,C.M. - Basic Cardiac Life Support Mandatory Formation (2021)

MedicA1

11 hours ago, edu2021 said:

Ok thank you ! Yes I already started the process with the 2020 form but I just noticed that the 2021 is required. If it's ok I will leave it like that :) 

I emailed admissions and they told me to use the 2020 form. Gonna submit it today so we'll see soon enough.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:38 PM, edu2021 said:

I have a question about the immunization form. Where did you guys went to get it done ? I'm from Montreal I called CLSC they told me they can't do it for me right now because of covid, I went to my local clinic the doctor wasn't able to do it. I finally called McGill (pôle du bien-être) but they told me it can take up to 4 weeks which is long ! I know I have a lot of vaccines to do so I can't waste a lot of time :/ 

I got it done at CLSC Rene-Cassin in Cavendish. It is important to mention that you need to complete the hospital/healthcare/medicine immunizations when you talk to the centrale de rendez-vous. If they say they don't do it, call the ombudsperson for the CIUSSS or CISSS you will get a call back within the week with an appointment. CLSCs are not allowed to refuse immunizations without referring you to another CLSC that will accept you. Complain and it'll get done. 

The nurse I met was super nice but she was a bit surprised that we had these forms to fill and she suggested that I go to my family MD first. I insisted and we did it over 2x 30 min appointments. I didn't complain, I might have been lucky. I called the CLSC, said I wanted an appointment for a TST and they were like ''oh ya we do these mon/tue'' and got a date within the following 2 weeks. 

Good luck!

3 hours ago, amt6500 said:

I got it done at CLSC Rene-Cassin in Cavendish. It is important to mention that you need to complete the hospital/healthcare/medicine immunizations when you talk to the centrale de rendez-vous. If they say they don't do it, call the ombudsperson for the CIUSSS or CISSS you will get a call back within the week with an appointment. CLSCs are not allowed to refuse immunizations without referring you to another CLSC that will accept you. Complain and it'll get done. 

The nurse I met was super nice but she was a bit surprised that we had these forms to fill and she suggested that I go to my family MD first. I insisted and we did it over 2x 30 min appointments. I didn't complain, I might have been lucky. I called the CLSC, said I wanted an appointment for a TST and they were like ''oh ya we do these mon/tue'' and got a date within the following 2 weeks. 

Good luck!

Thank you for your advices ! I finally got it done at a private clinic because nobody called me back ! It cost me 225$ :( 

Hi I found a BLS-provider course with heart&stroke that will happen this upcoming sunday. https://cpr.heartandstroke.ca/s/course/a082K00001UYyFZQA1/bls-provider (see details below) I have made sure that it complies with mcgill's requirements however the course instructor emailed me today and said that it would take at least 3 ppl to start the course and rn there are only 2. I am wondering if anyone would like to join the course together? since it's a relatively cheap course (80$) that i was able to find that will take place on a good time (weekend since i have full time commitment on weekdays)  and a good location (not too far away from dt mtl). 

Course: BLS Provider, C-685442
Date: May 2 2021, 1:00 PM PT
Primary Course Contact: Minyi Zeng
Email: vitemed.ca@gmail.com
Telephone: (514) 576-0902

On 5/3/2021 at 5:42 AM, ceelbe said:

I believe this is it! (unless there’s one specific to med, but this was sent to to all McGill students)

https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/article/town-hall-march-12-planning-fall-2021

Yes I think there's one for med students we received an email about it but I can't find the recording ... I contacted the person that sent the email but I still don't have an answer :/ 

Is anyone else also waiting for the status of their international diploma to change to “Received” on Minerva’s document checklist? I have got the confirmation from my Alma Mater that my official final transcript was sent to the Faculty three weeks ago now, but it seems as if McGill hasn’t received it yet...

You have to request that your school send an electronic copy (ex: PDF) of your official transcript to McGill via email at admissions.med@mcgill.ca. Afterwards your Minerva status will be updated once they confirm. You cannot send the transcript yourself, it has to be your school's registrar or whoever handles transcripts, otherwise it won't be official. 

8 minutes ago, GJP said:

You cannot send the transcript yourself, it has to be your school's registrar or whoever handles transcripts, otherwise it won't be official. 

Yes, this is what I requested from my Alma Mater, but as aforementioned, it has been more than tree weeks. Should I then ask for a digital copy to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions? I remember reading that international official final transcripts have to be sent in sealed envelopes and thus in a physical format.

That said, I was mostly wondering if anyone had the same issue, given that they are required to provide international transcripts as well.

1 hour ago, PainAuChocolat said:

Sorry if this has been answered or if it obvious. But for the TB thing we have to do the two step TST? 

I was looking on the site for differences between schools and it made it seem like it is not necessary for McGill. 

The two-step TST is required for students who have no documentation of a TST or those who checked a 'YES' in the box at #1.

A single TST is required for those who did a two-step TST more than 6 months prior to medical school entry (#2).

Best thing you can do though is to confirm with your family doctor or a nurse!

17 hours ago, MK. said:

The two-step TST is required for students who have no documentation of a TST or those who checked a 'YES' in the box at #1.

A single TST is required for those who did a two-step TST more than 6 months prior to medical school entry (#2).

Best thing you can do though is to confirm with your family doctor or a nurse!

Thank you !