Premed 101 Forums

McGill DMD 2021 Waitlist Movement

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would make a McGill waitlist thread to follow and keep track of the (hopeful) waitlist movement.

If you are planning on declining or deferring your offer, or know someone who is, please post that info here!

If you are currently on the waitlist feel free to share if you will be accepting or declining and what number you are. Also specify if you are an IP or OOP applicant.  

This thread will help current and future applicants!

As I am posting this, the waitlist movement has not been posted on the McGill dent website yet but I will update once it is!

On 3/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, B.Sc. Psychology said:

I believe this is the waitlist for med not dent. But thank you. i know it will be posted here: https://www.mcgill.ca/dentistry/4-year-dmd-program/after-applying
but I am not sure when it will be posted

1 hour ago, JingleJingle said:

Perhaps more OOP people like to stay within their own province :o

there are typically around 7 out of province spots and most people like to stay close to home. Also typically the out of province candidates get in to their home province programs because they are good candidates, so there is more movement. Another reason is that Mcgill candidates tend to apply to both Med and dent so if accepted to Med that would also be a cause for movement depending on the persons preferences.

1 hour ago, DPH said:

I can't speak to other years, but last year OOP movement was 5-7 spots. When i spoke to upper year McGill Dental students, I think 7 may be the usual amount of movement that we could expect. Good Luck everyone!

4 hours ago, dentistrydmd said:

About 10-12 you have a fair chance of getting in. But it varies from year to year.

I guess it really does vary quite a bit each year! XD 

1 hour ago, JingleJingle said:

I guess it really does vary quite a bit each year! XD 

Yeah one year they had a lot of double applicants to Med and dent because there was no requirement of the dat (and neither for mcat) so it moved 25 spots. But that was a fluke year, since they instituted the dat requirement.

10 minutes ago, dentistrydmd said:

Yeah one year they had a lot of double applicants to Med and dent because there was no requirement of the dat (and neither for mcat) so it moved 25 spots. But that was a fluke year, since they instituted the dat requirement.

that year actually resembles this year the most with the no dat requirement !