Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you!!! The call came when I was eating my birthday cake!  What a big coincidence

Holly Molly, I am 12th on the in province, it looks like I actually have a real chance this year.

there are typically around 7 out of province spots and most people like to stay close to home. Also typically the out of province candidates get in to their home province programs because they are goo

Posted Images

Hi there ! 23rd on the IP waitlist. Anyone has an idea if I might have a chance? 

Does anyone know if your rank moves up on minerva if someone in front of you declines the waitlist offer? Say #18 gets into another program, and declines waitlist offer. Will my rank move to 22nd?

Thanks all :) 

On 6/10/2021 at 9:40 AM, FreSchampae07 said:

Hi there ! 23rd on the IP waitlist. Anyone has an idea if I might have a chance? 

Does anyone know if your rank moves up on minerva if someone in front of you declines the waitlist offer? Say #18 gets into another program, and declines waitlist offer. Will my rank move to 22nd?

Thanks all :) 

Hey! They won't move your rank :)

1 hour ago, MTL school life said:

785692672_ScreenShot2021-06-17at10_10_39AM.thumb.png.d428b3d68312cc118541a0ee9515c784.png

pre dent moved up by alot :o

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.09.16 AM.png

Just a theory, but there was no DAT requirement this year for dent-p (an expensive, time-consuming test), so applicants who didn't strongly consider dentistry in the first place must have applied just in case they don't get med... but the MMI scores are the same used for the selection of med-p and dent-p candidates. If an applicant got an early offer in Dent, they probably got one in med too. So, because more students who don't consider dentistry as their first choice applied this year than previous years, it makes sense that the waitlist goes farther this year compared to previous years