Premed 101 Forums

May 11 Countdown Party 2021!

FYI - I read all of the premed101 discussion threads and all of the r/premedcanada threads about the button/red box from last year.

From what I understand from last year's posts, if you applied to McMaster and HAD the reset button you were put on their WL.

If you DIDN'T HAVE the reset button you were either rejected or accepted from Mac.

If you didn't interview at McMaster you didn't have the reset button.

I'm not sure if this will hold true for this year since they mentioned they had "fixed it". But I guess we will see.

Also, the presence or absence of the reset button were made 1-2 days prior to the OMSAS release day last year (this was the case for most pple), so maybe by the 9th we could see if these trends are meaningful or not.

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, djw901uj-9dju1 said:

FYI - I read all of the premed101 discussion threads and all of the r/premedcanada threads about the button/red box from last year.

From what I understand from last year's posts, if you applied to McMaster and HAD the reset button you were put on their WL.

If you DIDN'T HAVE the reset button you were either rejected or accepted from Mac.

If you didn't interview at McMaster you didn't have the reset button.

I'm not sure if this will hold true for this year since they mentioned they had "fixed it". But I guess we will see.

Also, the presence or absence of the reset button were made 1-2 days prior to the OMSAS release day last year (this was the case for most pple), so maybe by the 9th we could see if these trends are meaningful or not.

Hope this helps

I don't think that's the button we're talking about. I don't think anyone has the reset button this year yet. I meant the red box that says "review and submit changes/responses". do you have it?

8 hours ago, reginageorge said:

I don't think that's the button we're talking about. I don't think anyone has the reset button this year yet. I meant the red box that says "review and submit changes/responses". do you have it?

I unfortunately do have the reset button....? last year i got waitlisted at mac and had the button, lmao did i just get waitlisted again

EDIT LMAO IM SILLY THERE'S NO RESET BUTTON

506622769_ScreenShot2021-05-03at9_05_24AM.png.ba45cc20a801045cf25f5f9c55abe43b.png

25 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I'm starting to feel a lot more stressed about next week :mellow: 

How's everyone feeling now that decisions are coming out next week?

Have any of you heard back from med schools outside of Ontario? :) 

Nervous as well since I'm on a waitlist for another school and my rank is eh so I don't even know what my chances are so Mac is my only other option.

4 hours ago, abcd1288 said:

Nervous as well since I'm on a waitlist for another school and my rank is eh so I don't even know what my chances are so Mac is my only other option.

Congrats on the waitlist! I remember not knowing how to feel when I was waitlisted last year... happy that I wasn't straight up rejected? Sad that I might not actually end up getting accepted? :mellow: That was an even bigger roller coaster of emotions than just waiting for decisions for me. 

Are you going to check for Mac at midnight or wait until e-mails in the morning? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Congrats on the waitlist! I remember not knowing how to feel when I was waitlisted last year... happy that I wasn't straight up rejected? Sad that I might not actually end up getting accepted? :mellow: That was an even bigger roller coaster of emotions than just waiting for decisions for me. 

Are you going to check for Mac at midnight or wait until e-mails in the morning? :lol:

hahah thanks. I dont know if I should remain positive. My rank is on the okay side but not in the "guaranteed" side for McGill movements either sadly. It's such a weird feeling of initial disappointment, then scavenging previous threads to find data and reassurance, before accepting the results and weird nature of admissions. The wait really is the worst. I'm gonna stay up all night hahaha, or at least until I fall asleep suddenly. If I get good news, my adrenaline is gonna help me be awake the next day or just go to have a good sleep and if I don't then I'll be too tired and just go to sleep anyways hahaha. How about you?

16 minutes ago, abcd1288 said:

hahah thanks. I dont know if I should remain positive. My rank is on the okay side but not in the "guaranteed" side for McGill movements either sadly. It's such a weird feeling of initial disappointment, then scavenging previous threads to find data and reassurance, before accepting the results and weird nature of admissions. The wait really is the worst. I'm gonna stay up all night hahaha, or at least until I fall asleep suddenly. If I get good news, my adrenaline is gonna help me be awake the next day or just go to have a good sleep and if I don't then I'll be too tired and just go to sleep anyways hahaha. How about you?

Yea :( I remember doing that too, especially scavenging previous threads and trying to find reassurance. it sucks

haha thats a good plan! I KNOW I'm going to chicken out and not want to check at midnight for Western. I'm planning to sleep in so that I definitely don't have to wait for the e-mail in the morning, then in my still half asleep/half-awake mode just load my e-mail and have it pop up 

Otherwise I sit there for hours too scared to load my e-mail, sweating, overthinking it and stressing myself out like I did for interview invite emails :lol:

13 hours ago, Scrubadubdub said:

haha thats a good plan! I KNOW I'm going to chicken out and not want to check at midnight for Western. I'm planning to sleep in so that I definitely don't have to wait for the e-mail in the morning, then in my still half asleep/half-awake mode just load my e-mail and have it pop up 

Yeah getting the midnight Western waitlist icon and then having to wait for the waitlist rank email 9 hours later feels bad

I can’t say waiting out the waitlist last year was easy at all. Probably some of the most stressful months of my life :unsure: Although obviously I would prefer a waitlist over a rejection, the not knowing if I have to pick up my entire life and move somewhere within a couple weeks was not fun to go through lol. And that class is full email hit hard in June…

Here’s to hoping we all get initial offers so we don’t have to experience that!!! :wub:

ONE MORE WEEK!!!!

2 hours ago, gliostudies said:

... I was planning to check at midnight but now I'm terrified of this situation haha 

I’m battling with this - I was fortunate enough to have a couple interviews and I keep telling myself I’ll wait until the morning to open them together but I also know that I don’t have the self-discipline to do that hahaha - I’m terrified of getting rejected at midnight and having to spent the next 11 hours in agony…

But I’m gonna check because I know myself too well :lol:

2 hours ago, nishdoc said:

Anyone else fantasize about what it would be like to read that acceptance email, and get caught up thinking about how your going to tell your family and friends? Or just me :D slowly going crazy

YES! Manifest that Acceptance into existence! :) D-Day will be here sooner than we think! 

Everyone remember to do something nice for yourselves this week! Self-love is never out of fashion! <3