Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

And only 7 to go if you opted in to have your school tell you that you DIDN'T match on the 19th :o

9 minutes ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

Having nightmares about match day now.

My brain tried to trick me while i was half asleep this morning and convinced me TODAY was the 19th, had a little panicky wake up then remembered how time works. Hopefully this isn't a new trend in my dreams lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't match. Feels so bad man

Sending virtual hugs to all of you! I am definitely feeling the anxiety as well, especially at the thought of potentially being away from my partner/family for 5 years. At the end of day though, no ma

Didn't match either. Shit bro 

50 minutes ago, Persephone said:

And only 7 to go if you opted in to have your school tell you that you DIDN'T match on the 19th :o

My brain tried to trick me while i was half asleep this morning and convinced me TODAY was the 19th, had a little panicky wake up then remembered how time works. Hopefully this isn't a new trend in my dreams lol.

this is so true - really it's one week. we don't find out (our school anyway) until like 6pm but yessss at least we'll know if we matched or not. it feels surreal i really can't explain the feeling. like one week until we know our futures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bellejolie said:

this is so true - really it's one week. we don't find out (our school anyway) until like 6pm but yessss at least we'll know if we matched or not. it feels surreal i really can't explain the feeling. like one week until we know our futures. 

Ah the schools all know by noon EDT on the 19th who didn't match (opt-ins only obviously). At Mac we're told we should hear back no later than 4:30pm. So just 4.5 hours of intense anxiety lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Persephone said:

Ah the schools all know by noon EDT on the 19th who didn't match (opt-ins only obviously). At Mac we're told we should hear back no later than 4:30pm. So just 4.5 hours of intense anxiety lol

Yes true they are doing it late so 1. You’re not anxiously waiting all day and there’s a specific time and 2. Learners will mostly be at home and somewhere private to receive the news. I don’t mind waiting so students who are still rotating are able to have that quiet and privacy. Sigh. Can’t believe how soon it’s coming! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bellejolie said:

Yes true they are doing it late so 1. You’re not anxiously waiting all day and there’s a specific time and 2. Learners will mostly be at home and somewhere private to receive the news. I don’t mind waiting so students who are still rotating are able to have that quiet and privacy. Sigh. Can’t believe how soon it’s coming! 

Very glad that western is giving us the 19th off, and has said that they will let us know by 1pm! Hopefully they don't have to let me know anything anyway haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone have some fun nightmares?

One of mine I forgot to submit my rank list so it autodrafted like in fantasy basketball and then a follow up dream I couldn't login to CaRMS to check if my ROL had submitted or not

Another one I got my match results and it was like for a different person and a different specialty and it changed eveyr time I checked....

anyways sleeping REAL great

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sykern said:

anyone have some fun nightmares?

One of mine I forgot to submit my rank list so it autodrafted like in fantasy basketball and then a follow up dream I couldn't login to CaRMS to check if my ROL had submitted or not

Another one I got my match results and it was like for a different person and a different specialty and it changed eveyr time I checked....

anyways sleeping REAL great

Similar dream but I matched to a made up specialty that I never even applied to or heard of. 

Instead of reading our matches privately, we were each called up to the stage in the auditorium one by one and our match appeared on a big screen magic 8-ball style in what I'm pretty sure was comic sans font.  Very hunger games vibes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sykern said:

anyone have some fun nightmares?

One of mine I forgot to submit my rank list so it autodrafted like in fantasy basketball and then a follow up dream I couldn't login to CaRMS to check if my ROL had submitted or not

Another one I got my match results and it was like for a different person and a different specialty and it changed eveyr time I checked....

anyways sleeping REAL great

Lol omg I’m so glad I’m not alone! I’m having dreams where I wake up from the dream relieved but then wake up for real realizing I’m dreaming in my dreams. 6 more days to go the wait in itself is a challenge! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Haribo7173 said:

LOL it’s SO SLOW. I also finished clerkship last week so I’m not busy enough for time to go faster haha.

and I can’t study welp.

Curious for those of you finishing clerkship so late (Dal finished before interviews lol) when are you writing your LMCC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MedHopeful93 said:

Curious for those of you finishing clerkship so late (Dal finished before interviews lol) when are you writing your LMCC?

Early May. I’ve got a couple weeks to cram once my last rotation ends. Our break is so short before residency, I just want to get it over with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Late May once our four week "Concept Integration Review" period is over.

Fair! So tricky this year with such a short interval between graduating/ finishing clerkship and starting residency 

Wishing you all the best in your studying, rotations, and match nerves ❤️❤️❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sykern said:

anyone have some fun nightmares?

One of mine I forgot to submit my rank list so it autodrafted like in fantasy basketball and then a follow up dream I couldn't login to CaRMS to check if my ROL had submitted or not

Another one I got my match results and it was like for a different person and a different specialty and it changed eveyr time I checked....

anyways sleeping REAL great

I had a dream a week ago that I was in the hospital where I want to match and a preceptor I had worked with before was introducing me to the people who were ordering the programs rank list, in the middle of the ER. And I was trying so hard to see where I was on the list and also begging them to rank me highly. It was not a fun dream 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...