Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't match. Feels so bad man

Sending virtual hugs to all of you! I am definitely feeling the anxiety as well, especially at the thought of potentially being away from my partner/family for 5 years. At the end of day though, no ma

Didn't match either. Shit bro 

30 minutes ago, bellejolie said:

Totally. I yelled at a parking machine today. It’s just not going well lol. 

Oh nooo, ugh! Hugs to you. Less than 48 hours peeps :eek:

I felt so chill with my rank list up till a few days ago, and now that it’s so close, I’m second-guessing how I did it. I decided between FM and a specialty (both of which I think I’d be happy in), and ended up putting FM at home as my #1, then ranking the specialty options. While I think I’ll be happy in any of my choices, I’m stressed that I’ll have “what if” feelings afterwards, regardless of where I match. Ughhh

55 minutes ago, bread said:

I felt so chill with my rank list up till a few days ago, and now that it’s so close, I’m second-guessing how I did it. I decided between FM and a specialty (both of which I think I’d be happy in), and ended up putting FM at home as my #1, then ranking the specialty options. While I think I’ll be happy in any of my choices, I’m stressed that I’ll have “what if” feelings afterwards, regardless of where I match. Ughhh

LOL I alternate between “ugh I just wanna match, anywhere. plz plz ” and “god I hope I don’t end up going there” 

56 minutes ago, bread said:

You will be too excited with your match, I know from experience.:P

10 minutes ago, anotheranon said:

I'm definitely at 'I just wanna match, please' hahaha. I'm so terrified of not matching. 

Sending virtual hugs to all of you! I am definitely feeling the anxiety as well, especially at the thought of potentially being away from my partner/family for 5 years. At the end of day though, no matter our results, I think we should feel proud of all that we have accomplished during med school and all the hard work that went into it - the countless hours studying, sleepless nights on-call, the imposter syndrome, etc..

CaRMS feels like such high stakes and its so easy to get caught up in the mentality of "I NEED this speciality /location/ match..." when in truth, there are so many potential paths ahead that we will be able to find happiness in. My parents came here as refugees and the advice they gave me when I was saying I didn't know what I'd do if I didn't get my first choice was, "you don't NEED this, you need food, water, shelter, safety and everything else is just extra." It made me feel better and gave me more perspective on the big picture, so thought I'd share with you all!

I'm not gonna say to trust the universe and everything works out, blah blah blah because I don't necessarily believe that; the universe can suck sometimes, tbh. But you should have trust in yourself, and your ability to problem-solve and meet the obstacles life throws at you. It took a lot of resilience and dedication to get to where we are now, and I have confidence no matter what results we get on Tuesday, we can make it work! 

Sending good vibes to all of y'all. <3 

23 minutes ago, Haruba said:

Sending virtual hugs to all of you! I am definitely feeling the anxiety as well, especially at the thought of potentially being away from my partner/family for 5 years. At the end of day though, no matter our results, I think we should feel proud of all that we have accomplished during med school and all the hard work that went into it - the countless hours studying, sleepless nights on-call, the imposter syndrome, etc..

CaRMS feels like such high stakes and its so easy to get caught up in the mentality of "I NEED this speciality /location/ match..." when in truth, there are so many potential paths ahead that we will be able to find happiness in. My parents came here as refugees and the advice they gave me when I was saying I didn't know what I'd do if I didn't get my first choice was, "you don't NEED this, you need food, water, shelter, safety and everything else is just extra." It made me feel better and gave me more perspective on the big picture, so thought I'd share with you all!

I'm not gonna say to trust the universe and everything works out, blah blah blah because I don't necessarily believe that; the universe can suck sometimes, tbh. But you should have trust in yourself, and your ability to problem-solve and meet the obstacles life throws at you. It took a lot of resilience and dedication to get to where we are now, and I have confidence no matter what results we get on Tuesday, we can make it work! 

Sending good vibes to all of y'all. <3 

this is so lovely thank you <3 it's hard not to get stressed by it but this is important to remember!