Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to April 20th

Good luck to everyone who’s looking to hear some form of news today! It’s been quite the journey! So grateful to have had these threads during the dreaded wait time! It’s hard to get people outside of medicine to understand the rollercoaster of emotions. Don’t get me wrong they really do feel for us and try to understand but ya’ll know what I mean! I had a lot of my non-med peeps saying “don’t worry you’ll match to so many different places” I’m like noo friends, this ain’t tinder.. you just get one!! They’re like oh that’s stressful :rolleyes:

But good luck my forum homies! We got this!!! 

3 hours ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

Good luck to everyone who’s looking to hear some form of news today! It’s been quite the journey! So grateful to have had these threads during the dreaded wait time! It’s hard to get people outside of medicine to understand the rollercoaster of emotions. Don’t get me wrong they really do feel for us and try to understand but ya’ll know what I mean! I had a lot of my non-med peeps saying “don’t worry you’ll match to so many different places” I’m like noo friends, this ain’t tinder.. you just get one!! They’re like oh that’s stressful :rolleyes:

But good luck my forum homies! We got this!!! 

Sorry for a silly question but news today or tomorrow?!! Is something coming out today?!! Anxiety at a new high but avoiding life until tomorrow! 

4 minutes ago, Raptors23 said:

Sorry for a silly question but news today or tomorrow?!! Is something coming out today?!! Anxiety at a new high but avoiding life until tomorrow! 

No for people who opted in to hear from their schools if they didn’t match. Those people will hear today - but we’re hoping that doesn’t happen! In general we’re waiting til tomorrow noon o’clock. 

3 minutes ago, Let it be MATCHical said:

No for people who opted in to hear from their schools if they didn’t match. Those people will hear today - but we’re hoping that doesn’t happen! In general we’re waiting til tomorrow noon o’clock. 

Thank you! Just over 24 hours :wacko:! Good luck tomorrow everyone!

9 minutes ago, RicardoKaká said:

Feel like it would just make more sense to get a notification on CARMS by a certain time, instead of waiting around to not hear from your school and hoping you matched lol

yes, and even that your school can mess up.

went unmatched last year - my school contacted me via a wrong, inactive email address - only learned about the news on match day haha :lol:

3 minutes ago, upthecreek said:

Didn't match. Feels so bad man

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm an IMG and Ive been in the position before - I promise it's not over! The comeback is greater than the setback and it's no way a reflection of you. Please feel free to reach out if you want to talk!

2 hours ago, Raptors23 said:

In terms of being notified today, If you're not matched your Medical school will contact you (hopefully) today? Just want to post a huge thank you to this forum and everyone on here. It's been such a stressful period and having a support network has been invaluable! 

This option is not available to IMGs and USMDs I believe.