Premed 101 Forums

Application Help Guides?

I tried looking for old threads that discussed this but I could not find many/any...

I am looking for application Help Guides for med school application systems, such as the very comprehensive one that UBC has posted (https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/files/2019/06/Help-Guide-2020-2021-Final.pdf

Ideally, these help guides will include details as to how many non-academic activities can be listed and in what sections, as well as containing character count allowances and essay prompts for schools that have essays. I'm nearly done my undergraduate degree and will be using the upcoming free time over the next few weeks to start writing out application drafts - I would like to get started on this early.

Specifically, I am looking for guides for all OMSAS schools (I know there is the OMSAS application help guide, but it doesn't have the essay prompts for UWO for example), Dal, MUN, UofA, and UofC.

Of course, if the information is out there and not specifically collated in a "guide" similar to UBC's guide, that's also fantastic; I just need the information. TIA!

If you've read https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-guide/ then that's all there is for OMSAS, in addition to each school's site. Back when I applied it was a pdf but it looks like it changes so frequently now that its not practical to do it that way. They used to change the essay prompts every year, and typically wouldn't release them until applications open, don't know if that's still the same. Otherwise as far as I know each school's site is it in terms of instructions. When I applied you only found out what the formatting requirements were once you were in the application, and they changed frequently, although they might not change as much any more.