Premed 101 Forums

Latest time to take MCCQE Part I

I don't think you need it to start residency. I think a lot of people like to try to get it out of the way before we start on July 1 so that they're not having to study while also working as a resident. I'm not sure when you HAVE to get it done, but people fail and have to rewrite in residency so I know for sure you dont need it to start on July 1.

No need to get it done before residency starts. I took it during my intern year and didn't study at all, because every day I was doing clinical medicine and the info stuck in my head so much more. Closer to the exam I brushed up on peds and obs/gyn but otherwise, I just showed up to work and read around my cases. YMMV but yeah, no rush to do it especially if you're having to move before residency starts. Now that's the real time and money sink, hahah

1 hour ago, Divine Comedy said:

Yeah I'm planning to get it out of the way before July 1st. Just didn't know whether I need to have my scores out before then.

Got it. Yeah scores don’t come out till august 18th or something. 9 weeks after the last date in the “session”. But yeah I’m writing in a few weeks don’t feel prepared at all! Time to hustle lol