Premed 101 Forums

Chance me please! <3

Hey, I am an IP for Usask Med. I have a below average GPA so kind of worried at my prospects for 2021-22 cycle. After finishing my degree this year, I will likely end up with around a 85% average. I am planning on writing the MCAT soon and will likely get something between a 508 to 512. I know my stats are still within the acceptable range but recently hearing about a lot of classmates getting rejected this cycle with much higher stats is kind of freaking me out. 

13 hours ago, y121212 said:

Hey, I am an IP for Usask Med. I have a below average GPA so kind of worried at my prospects for 2021-22 cycle. After finishing my degree this year, I will likely end up with around a 85% average. I am planning on writing the MCAT soon and will likely get something between a 508 to 512. I know my stats are still within the acceptable range but recently hearing about a lot of classmates getting rejected this cycle with much higher stats is kind of freaking me out. 

Take a look at the admission stats and page 10-12 of the application manual. Should tell you all you need if you understand basic statistics(z-scores). 

https://medicine.usask.ca/documents/ugme/admission/saskatchewan-resident-applicant-information.pdf

https://medicine.usask.ca/documents/ugme/admission/admissions-statistics-5-year-summary.pdf

On 4/8/2021 at 12:12 AM, y121212 said:

Chances are highly dependent on how your interview goes since it is worth 50%. People with high stats who have been rejected likely did not have a strong interview. I know people with below average stats who have been accepted as they had great communication skills that they brought to the interview!