Premed 101 Forums

Summer Courses and Studying for the MCAT

Hey guys I’m really confused as to what I should do and can really use some advice.

I originally wrote my MCAT last summer and I didn’t do as good as I wanted to (Canadian). If I don’t get accepted to med school this year I should retake the MCAT this summer. I also want to expand my options and apply to USA schools this summer. However the problem is I didn’t take physics 1 (only did physics 2) and it is a prerequisite for basically all the schools. So would it be doable to study for the Mcat while also taking physics 1 condensed? Physics 1 would be running from May 1st to June 15th and I will retake the Mcat like early august or end of July.

Basically my four options are:

1. rush the Mcat retake prep so I can take the Mcat before summer school physics starts. I have all my notes from the first time I took, I just need to work on cars and review my notes again but I feel like I don’t remember anything lol.

2. just take physics 1 in the summer (lectures are Mon/Wed and virtual (covid) labs Wed) while also studying for the MCAT

3. screw applying to American med schools and just leave physics and study for the Mcat full time this summer for Canadian schools only. Taking physics in the fall isn’t an option for me because I’m starting my one year masters program in the fall. Also most Canadians don’t get into USA schools so is it even worth it?

4. take the MCAT and just apply to USA med schools without the physics prerequisite and if I get into a school I can try to take the one physics course the summer prior to matriculation.

If anyone has experience taking a class while also Mcat studying let me know :) thank you!