Premed 101 Forums

2020/2021 Decisions Countdown

Hi everyone! 

First time applicant to UBC here so I'm a little unfamiliar with how the process works. From my research, I guess we'll receive an e-mail with D-Day at the end of April/early May! 

I thought we could start this thread to support each other until decisions come out, because I know I've been having some major anxiety! 

Anyone know when they might let us know when D-Day is?

• 2 weeks later...

Same here! Getting verrrry nervous. From looking at past years I thought it would be May 10/second Monday in May...I wish they would tell us the date that we can expect a decision! For people who have applied in the past, do they usually announce when decision day is and does everyone get notified the same day?

On 4/23/2021 at 4:56 PM, cheerfulmed said:

Same here! Getting verrrry nervous. From looking at past years I thought it would be May 10/second Monday in May...I wish they would tell us the date that we can expect a decision! For people who have applied in the past, do they usually announce when decision day is and does everyone get notified the same day?

Yep! They always announce when decision day is, probably ~1 week before the day arrives. And everyone gets notified on the same day! Except MD/PhD applicants who I think get notified like back in March

On 4/24/2021 at 9:26 PM, Fast_Layne said:

Yep! They always announce when decision day is, probably ~1 week before the day arrives. And everyone gets notified on the same day! Except MD/PhD applicants who I think get notified like back in March

Thanks for the reply, this makes me feel a bit better than waking up one day and getting a surprising email LOL... for everyone waiting with me, I guess this means we'll find out when decision day is in the next week or so!

36 minutes ago, MadSchool said:

Wow forum is so quiet this year. Past years around this time people are crazy about waiting for D day haha.

that's what I was thinking! feeling like the only one going crazy not even knowing when D day will be....also doesn't help that I don't have much to keep me busy for the next few weeks

3 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

When do you guys think we’ll get the e-mail letting us know when D-Day is?! I’m hoping for tomorrow!! 

Yea I hope asap as well. But looking at the posts in previous years, there doesn't seem to be a solid pattern when UBC emails us the D-date. Pretty random. We should get email next week for sure though.

Last year it seems like current med students received an update about the format of instruction (virtual/in-person) and distributed sites + an update about D-day before the admissions blog announced the date... any current ubc students who have some insight? 

What is everyone else doing to pass the time?

2 hours ago, cheerfulmed said:

Last year it seems like current med students received an update about the format of instruction (virtual/in-person) and distributed sites + an update about D-day before the admissions blog announced the date... any current ubc students who have some insight? 

What is everyone else doing to pass the time?

I pass time by checking this forum and UBC admission blog constantly. 

13 minutes ago, cheerfulmed said:

:( man... the wait is excruciating....I thought D-day would be next Monday and we would get an email today to announce it

Last year UBC sent out email on 5th (Tuesday) to confirm D-day is on 13th (Wednesday). So I guess still need to wait a bit longer.

10 minutes ago, mcgoat said:

The wait is killing me as well.

UBC called me two Sundays ago asking if I was actually on track to complete my Master's on time... Not even sure if this means anything or not. 

Wow didn't know UBC actually call people in person. To me that sounds like some good news right? If they don't plan to give you offer why bother call you anyway

20 minutes ago, MadSchool said:

Wow didn't know UBC actually call people in person. To me that sounds like some good news right? If they don't plan to give you offer why bother call you anyway

Thanks, I appreciate the optimism! I had the same feeling though I don't want to get my hopes up. They could just be finalizing the rankings in one way or another. I don't know.. 

25 minutes ago, Valtameri said:

That sounds promising. Has anyone else gotten called recently?

No idea. That's something I would like to know from other graduate students as well. Though they could have potentially called since I'm fast tracking the program <1y which could be a little sus.