Premed 101 Forums

2020/2021 Decisions Countdown

6 hours ago, WizardPalace said:

does anyone know if the doctors of bc scholarship is awarded in the email that we get? or is it during the school year?

Probably during the school year. They probably have to do more deliberation considering this award comes with high monetary value. 

4 minutes ago, nappypoo said:

good luck everyone, feeling real anxious!

also, does anyone know if there's a specific order to regrets and acceptances? do they usually do one first in the morning, etc? 

It seems like usually UBC releases regrets first, then wailist, then offers. And they email with 1h apart like ~10am, 11am and then 12pm. But for some reason last year people got emails as early as before 8am (correct me if I am wrong here). So I guess UBC likes to torture people even more without telling you when they send out emails.

10 minutes ago, anniegranger13 said:

Do ALL students get a notification of whether they are accepted, WL, or rejected? From the blog, it says that there are multiple rounds of offers. Does anyone know what this means? First time applicant, so any insight is greatly appreciated! :)

Based on my understanding, ALL students will receive news on 14th. There will be accepted students who reject the offer so UBC will send more offers to those waitlisted, and the process keep going until all 288 spots are filled, hence multiple rounds. 

10 minutes ago, MadSchool said:

Does ubc have habit of sending offers in waves or all at once?

Did some sleuthing and looks kind of random time-wise for offers; could come over the span of a couple hours.

Regrets look to come out at the same time though.