Premed 101 Forums

Didn't get in, would appreciate any advice

14 hours ago, MDee2B said:

If I may ask, why do you think their grades will “tank” them at udem but not ulaval? Is engineering really bcp mieux coté à laval qu’à mtl? 
The new 33 CRU cut off at udem seems to be an arbitrary covid measure- who knows if it will still be in place after the pandemic. 

OP’s master’s would also earn them a +0.5 cru bonus at u de m. In addition, they didn’t say where they did their undergrad but if it was at u de m, that would fetch them an additional +0.5 cru bonus at u de m. It adds up! Haha

Because OP needs a good CRU or a very good Casper to land an invite, whereas at Laval, as long as OP has more than 31, their chances are as good as anyone else’s! Not saying that it’s impossible to land a “convocation” at UdeM, but OP’s CRU puts them at a disadvantage at UdeM compared to people who already did well from the beginning and got 36-37 CRUs, if you get what I mean :P 

(c’est pas tant une question de lequel est mieux coté, mais c’est plutôt une question de “comment augmenter ses chances le plus rapidement possible, sachant que OP a eu 4 ans de génie qui viennent baisser sa CRU comparé aux autres candidats qui ont déjà bien fait dès le départ”)

14 hours ago, keipop said:

But if you don’t get into Laval, then you would have to do the entire undergrad for McGill and other Canadian schools :(

13 hours ago, G3BMed said:

I made sure to take 12 credits at UdeM to get that 0.5 boni, so with my additional 0.5 from my Master's this year I should have a better shot.

I hear you keipop, but as OP clarified above, turns out they indeed completed enough credits at u de m to earn the +0.5 cru bonus. As well, they will additionally benefit from their recently completed master's +0.5 cru bonus on all future applications.

Therefore, if I were them, I would def get a few more A+'s but I would not wait until having completed a 2nd undergrad before applying to u de m, as you initially suggested above