Premed 101 Forums

Resident Offering CARMS Application Review / Interview Practice

If you went unmatched in the CARMS R1-Match – I’m sorry. Despite your emotions running high and feeling as the world is crashing down, you need to realize that THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE A BAD CANDIDATE. Since it was introduced, CARMS always has strong elements of unpredictability at the best of times, and I feel that the current COVID-19 pandemic has made this an extremely challenging year for applicants across the country.

Depending on what speciality / regional variability you are interested in, you will likely be applying to the 2nd Iteration of CARMS. Although many spots are filled in the 1st Iteration, usually there are many good positions remaining.

Take a day or two off, and process your thoughts. If you are applying during this cycle, I’m here to help you with whatever you need. Over the years I have been heavily involved with file review for the CARMS match as well interviewing candidates and can work with you to identify your strengths, bolster your application and give you the best chance at securing a residency position.

If you’re interested in more information, please send me an email to canadamedschoolconsulting@gmail.com and we can set up a time that works for you to discuss your next steps, at a reasonable price.