Premed 101 Forums

DAT Crusher & DAT Bootcamp for DAT?

Hi there!

I am planning to attempt the DAT this year and I honestly have very little clue about gathering books + resources to use for studying. I heard the DAT Crusher and DAT Bootcamp is good for the Canadian DAT. I live in a very small city and hence no one on the fb marketplace really is selling DAT materials. I checked amazon but I couldn't find any books that could be shipped to my location. Could someone recc a good place to purchase books from + what books/brand you would recommend? Thank you!!

13 hours ago, moonmimi said:

Hi there!

I am planning to attempt the DAT this year and I honestly have very little clue about gathering books + resources to use for studying. I heard the DAT Crusher and DAT Bootcamp is good for the Canadian DAT. I live in a very small city and hence no one on the fb marketplace really is selling DAT materials. I checked amazon but I couldn't find any books that could be shipped to my location. Could someone recc a good place to purchase books from + what books/brand you would recommend? Thank you!!

You don't need any textbooks other than the manual you get with registration. For resources, I thought Crusher was more than enough. I had similar questions that showed up on my exam and it definitely prepared me well. I also used a little bit of Bootcamp too which was helpful but I don’t think it was needed since you can find everything on crusher.

If you really want to use textbooks, you can try using your textbooks/notes from undergrad but I wouldn't recommend it incase you miss something covered on the DAT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 11:24 PM, moonmimi said:

Hi there!

From speaking to multiple dental students across the country, Dat Bootcamp supplemented with 1 other textbook from any company (Princeton, Kaplan) is the way to go. Bootcamp prepares you very well for the PAT section and is generally harder than the actual exam. Just stay calm, manage your time and you will do excellent. 

Goodluck! 

On 5/9/2021 at 3:16 AM, Hades said:

From speaking to multiple dental students across the country, Dat Bootcamp supplemented with 1 other textbook from any company (Princeton, Kaplan) is the way to go. Bootcamp prepares you very well for the PAT section and is generally harder than the actual exam. Just stay calm, manage your time and you will do excellent. 

Goodluck! 

I don't know a single soul who used Kaplan or Princeton books haha :lol: