Premed 101 Forums

Holding out hope for NS IP Waitlist?

Hi everyone, 

Just curious what your thoughts are on the likelihood of any significant movement of the IP waitlist in May. From past years' posts in the Accepted/Rejected thread, it doesn't look like a ton of people end up making it off the waitlist. Are there many IP people who were given offers that would turn Dal down for another school? I can definitely anticipate more movement on the OOP waitlists but not sure about NS residents. I'm just trying to get my expectations in a reasonable place for May. 

I feel this. I'm holding out hope, but I'm also trying not to feed my message board addiction and trying not to think about it too much.

I don't have much to add to the speculation. I went to Dal for undergrad and still live in the Maritimes, and for what it's worth, it looks like this was a SUPER competitive year. I don't know (and none of my friends know) a single person who was accepted - everyone got waitlisted or rejected. Anyone on the waitlist rn should still be really proud of themselves for making it so far in an unconventional application year.