Premed 101 Forums

Does UBC consider the courses you take in grad school in your GPA?

I have completed my masters at UBC last year and I took ~20 credits with GPA of ~91%. The thing is that the averages in grad school are so high that I am barely above average.  Although it is partly because students in grad school are those who maintained similar GPAs in their undergrad too, I believe it is also partly because I feel it is just easier to get good marks in grad school. Do you think they would consider the courses one take during grad school with the same weight as the undergrad courses or would they assign more weight to undergrad courses?

6 hours ago, neurologist19 said:

I have completed my masters at UBC last year and I took ~20 credits with GPA of ~91%. The thing is that the averages in grad school are so high that I am barely above average.  Although it is partly because students in grad school are those who maintained similar GPAs in their undergrad too, I believe it is also partly because I feel it is just easier to get good marks in grad school. Do you think they would consider the courses one take during grad school with the same weight as the undergrad courses or would they assign more weight to undergrad courses?

They are weighted the same at UBC.