Premed 101 Forums

psychiatry second iteration CARMS 2021

It’s a very tight knit program, it’s only their 3rd cohort of residents so it’s all a work in progress but the residents seem happy. From what I understand staff is amazing and does a lot of teaching. Good mix of English and French, people are lovely but Moncton as a city is pretty average apparently (ie not much to do). 

Psych has really gained in competitiveness over the last few years and has been generally quite competitive in Quebec for several years (I’m assuming you’re a Quebec applicant). It all depends on whether or not you’re willing to make the move and how much you want psych, while keeping in mind that the more you wait (ie until next year), the more difficult it becomes to match into a specialty. 

You can't lose, there is NO way you can guarantee you'll match where you want (let alone in the specialty) next year.
Another way to look at it is these spots are open in the second round so they'll be less picky this year, although I'm sure 
there are others in your situation so there will still be lots of competition. Check out the unmatched thread and PM people for more personalized info. good luck!