Premed 101 Forums

No MCAT test dates available

The deadline to write the mcat to apply to mun is August 14th. Test dates are now all booked until after this deadline and with COVID its not feasible for me to fly anywhere and write it. Why is the deadline for mun so early this year? Do you know if they will be flexible and allow a few days after the deadline??

I can't see admissions being flexible about the deadline. The deadline this year aligns with most other years, it was just extended last year due to the pandemic. An individual at admissions told me that AAMC will sometimes offer additional MCAT slots if all slots fill, so maybe there's some hope there?

There's usually a waitlist you can sign up for on the dates you're interested in so that if someone cancels you can sign up. I'm not sure about Newfoundland locations specifically, but I know from other provinces it's pretty common for spots to open up later during the summer (or even earlier).  If I were you I would study for the MCAT anyways and sign up for a spot when it opens up.

2 hours ago, PhillyH said:

So, I know that the admissions staff is aware of this issue and it seems that a lot of people have reached out... I wouldn't worry quite yet, as I can see some changes being made either by admissions or the AAMC to accommodate more individuals. 

That will explain why I havent heard back from MUN med and theyre usually pretty responsive lol. Thanks so much :) Are you writing it this summer too?

57 minutes ago, Canadian123 said:

That will explain why I havent heard back from MUN med and theyre usually pretty responsive lol. Thanks so much :) Are you writing it this summer too?

Yes! I was lucky enough to join the registration queue right away and still had 12000 people ahead of me in the system. I managed to get a spot but they all filled up immediately after.