Premed 101 Forums

20 hours ago, NonTraditionalStudent said:

Am I correct to assume that CARS limit was only applied for 2019 and 2020 admission cycles? I have a 509 MCAT score with a 122 in CARS. The website mentions that current cutoffs are likely to stay the same, and with next cycle being considered IP, I'm hopeful to be able to meet cutoffs to land an interview. Do you know anyone that got in USask with a 122 CARS?

If you meet the minimum CARS cutoff, then the CARS section doesn't play any additional role in admission. It's your total MCAT score that's used for calculating admissions score and a 509 is fine.  When the admission document said that it's likely to stay the same, they meant the upcoming 2020-21, as this document was updated on July 16th 2020 for the 2020-21 cycle. You can't necessarily know if they're going to tweak the cutoffs for the 2021-22 cycle. I would recommend checking back on their website when they update the document this summer to see if they've kept the same cutoffs with similar wording. If the cutoff changes or if they're not as explicit in stating the cutoff and you want to retake it to be safe, you can take the last MCAT of 2021 in September and the UofS will still accept it.

Additionally, there's no harm in shooting them an email and asking about this before they update their admissions documents this summer for the 2021-22 cycle. I'd be surprised if they gave you a straight answer though.