Premed 101 Forums

McGill Med-P and Dent-P Acceptance, Waitlist and Rejections for Fall 2021

bbpremed

Just now, TheLemon said:

Hi folks,

I checked Minerva and it says "Admitted with Condition". I selected Mtl as first choice and Outaouais as my second. I have no waitlist that I can find.... does this mean I was accepted to MTL? (also where would my wailtist rank appear if I had one?)

I am pretty sure the waitlist rank would appear in the section with all the other documents. However, if there is no indication of rank, you are probably admitted to Mtl.

1 hour ago, TheLemon said:

When should I expect to get my official letter? Is it by email or on Minerva?

Within days you should receive the acceptation letter on Minerva.

Congrats again and you should get an invite to the official fb group in a few weeks/month (varies from year to another)

Hey everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got an acceptance! Your hard work has finally paid off, and while there is still much more to go, you're one step closer :)

I am currently #2 on the waiting list for Outaouais and am starting to grow a bit concerned that the wait list hasn't moved. Ik it moved up ~19 last year, but my anxiety forces me to wonder: how many days after initial offers does the waitlist begin to move? Does anyone plan to refuse Outaouais/Montreal for the other schools? 

Once again, proud of you all -_-

9 minutes ago, MedGoal2021 said:

Hey everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got an acceptance! Your hard work has finally paid off, and while there is still much more to go, you're one step closer :)

I am currently #2 on the waiting list for Outaouais and am starting to grow a bit concerned that the wait list hasn't moved. Ik it moved up ~19 last year, but my anxiety forces me to wonder: how many days after initial offers does the waitlist begin to move? Does anyone plan to refuse Outaouais/Montreal for the other schools? 

Once again, proud of you all -_-

That 19 figure was for the Montreal campus; the Outaouais campus moved to 100ish last year. Although I suspect it will move less this year, you're still basically guaranteed a spot with a #2 waitlist, regardless of the campus. The waitlist hasn't moved yet because it's only been less than a day since decisions came out and thus not everyone's accepted/declined their offer yet (the limit is May 10th) and McGill hasn't had the time to process anything yet. Don't worry, you should get an offer soon. I'd say 2 weeks max. Definitely some time in May. Congrats in advance!

Hello everyone! 
I’m in the Med-P/Dent-P 2020-2021 cohort and I simply wanted to inform admitted students that we created the official Facebook group for the next cohort but we’ll be waiting until May 10th before letting people in to make sure that people are sure about their decision. If you have any questions about Med-P or if you’re not sure whether McGill is a good fit for you or not, we strongly encourage you to reach out to us on Facebook (Ask a Med-P/Dent-P) or on Instagram (askmedpdentpmcgill). You can also send me a private message here on the forum but it might take longer before you get a response.

I was in your shoes last year so I know how stressful the application process can be so please take some time to relax and celebrate, you’ve definitely earned it!

32 minutes ago, CODgal101 said:

I am higher up around the 10 mark :'( 

There is a very high chance that you will get in, personally I'd say it's guaranteed but it can be different each year. I already know another person planning on rejecting their offer (they're already in).

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone else here got into Outaouais and UdeM (or other french schools) and how they were going about making their decision? If someone could offer some pros and cons of each based on their experience, research or information they learned by speaking to others, that would be super helpful!!

5 hours ago, Douda said:

Hi, I'm 30th for the p-dent program at Mcgill.. Honestly, do you think I have any chance to get in? 

I don't remember how far it went up last year, but I do recall that for my year, 2019, it went up to the last person on the waiting list. I would say if you are in the top 20, you are guaranteed a seat by the end of the summer. Best of luck! :)

3 minutes ago, Clamp said:

I wonder if they opened more spots for the Outaouais campus (knowing there’s an increase of seats in Med for the upcoming years) 

Hello, as far as I know, they did not open more spots for either campus (last year they opened more spots for university applicants and 0 for cegep applicants so if McGill has more spots to offer this year, I expect the same thing to happen). I hope this helps!