Premed 101 Forums

What are repercussions of starting residency with no MCCQE1?

7 hours ago, lovemedicinesomuch said:

My exam just got cancelled - and the earliest exam I can find is at end of July :( What would happen if I do my MCCQE1 exam that late.. what are the repercussions?

You may be able to write earlier if you opt for a virtual sitting. If that works for you check it out because they haven't been cancelling those sittings. But don't stress, like was said above, you don't need it to start residency. It just sucks when you've been studying a bunch and can't write it in a timely way!

On 4/29/2021 at 2:10 AM, lovemedicinesomuch said:

My exam just got cancelled - and the earliest exam I can find is at end of July :( What would happen if I do my MCCQE1 exam that late.. what are the repercussions?

Also curious about this, what site did you have it scheduled and what day? Wondering how likely it'll be that they cancel ours...

1 hour ago, bearded frog said:

It was always rumored that for Quebec you had to pass your LMCC exams before starting residency, no idea if this is actually true or not. In any case if you can't even write the test I'm sure everyone is ok with it being delayed.

not true - this has changed at least for quebec. no repercussions and i confirmed with my admin even if you fail you don't lose prescribing abilities or anything. nothing happens. I saw for alberta when i applied the LMCC seemed to be a requirement.