Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, anbessa21 said:

I too received a couple of non-specific emails from the CPSO yesterday, none with login info (though I suspect this is because I already registered an account and submitted my application last Friday bc I was tired of waiting). Don't wait for them - it's absolute nonsense. It's quite easy to proceed on your own - just verify your email address (use the same one you provided to CaRMS) and then fill out the postgraduate certificate application. Based on the email they sent out to current year matched CMGs, you can just send them a message through their portal clarifying that you are a current year CMG matched through CaRMS after you submit the application. Otherwise, at this rate, we wont have CPSO licensure by the time July 1 rolls around.

Thank you!! I think I’ll give it till tomorrow and just register through the website too :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my classmates called CPSO.   Our license number is the same as our AP number but the AP will disappear on July 1st.  Our licenses will officially be granted July 1st, on that day we will appear

I haven't received an email from the CPSO yet. I called them last week and they told me that they're having an issue with the "data pull from CaRMS" and that I "need to be patient". I asked whether th

FWIW, talked to a CPSO registrations rep this am who said we should be expecting them to reach out via email (the address we provided to CaRMS) by the end of the week.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, HeroX37 said:

I did the CMPA membership thing like last week or the week before (can't remember), haven't been charged yet. Where other people already charged or something?

I did CMPA last week too, and was also wondering when we start getting charged (I did the monthly option). Haven’t been charged yet either!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bread said:

I did CMPA last week too, and was also wondering when we start getting charged (I did the monthly option). Haven’t been charged yet either!

At least for the annual charge option, that comes out on July 20th-ish I believe. I cannot remember what they said about the monthly one though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GolfTangoFoxtrotOscar said:

Is anyone else having massive issues with the CPSO website? The log in page seems to infinitely loop back to this page, they have sent me my log in information as well on the 21st. Any ideas what to do with this?

image.thumb.png.71f53dbc24d7801b5649e0afdfb9fc2e.png

I haven’t been having these issues with Safari! Have you tried chrome? For the login info they sent you, you need to use that to log in to the account they made for you. Once you log in, click on “profile” and “applications”, and you should find a draft application already started for you that you then finish. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bread said:

I haven’t been having these issues with Safari! Have you tried chrome? For the login info they sent you, you need to use that to log in to the account they made for you. Once you log in, click on “profile” and “applications”, and you should find a draft application already started for you that you then finish. :)

I'm doing it on chrome from a windows 8 computer. Might be the plugins the chrome browsers at my hospital have installed. It logs in then logs me out and loops me to the page I uploaded.

I'll try it when I get home on my desktop to see if that makes any difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Divine Comedy said:

My CPSO application status is still shown as "submitted." My requirement list remains unchanged. PGME from my institution has submitted all our LOAs but mine hasn't been uploaded yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the exact same boat!  My PGME coordinator told me she was submitting my LOA the day I signed it and sent it in (~1 week ago), but it's still not there, so I assume it maybe has to get uploaded manually by someone at CPSO?

A few classmates who filled out their CPSO app a few days before I did said that their requirement list was updated about 2 weeks ago (ex. apparently there's an HIV/Hep C form we need to fill out if we answered yes to doing procedures with high risk of exposure).  Hopefully ours will be updated soon! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat with the LOA. My school said that they submitted it the day I signed it, so I called the CPSO and the guy I talked to said that they HADN'T received it and to get the school to resubmit it. So I told my school and they then emailed my LOA and cc'd me and then a lady at the CPSO confirmed that they HAD received it initially, but that it won't update as "received" until it has been assessed. So I think as long as you signed your LOA you should be good.

 

Also, I got an update from someone who submitted April 25 (before we all got the email to do it) that their profile just updated to "initial assessment complete" or something this past Wednesday. So looks to be about 4 weeks for processing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, aray623 said:

I'm in the same boat with the LOA. My school said that they submitted it the day I signed it, so I called the CPSO and the guy I talked to said that they HADN'T received it and to get the school to resubmit it. So I told my school and they then emailed my LOA and cc'd me and then a lady at the CPSO confirmed that they HAD received it initially, but that it won't update as "received" until it has been assessed. So I think as long as you signed your LOA you should be good.

 

Also, I got an update from someone who submitted April 25 (before we all got the email to do it) that their profile just updated to "initial assessment complete" or something this past Wednesday. So looks to be about 4 weeks for processing.

Thank you, this is helpful to know :) I assume/hope that there won’t be any issues with getting our licenses before July 1!

Link to post
Share on other sites

For CPSO applications, there's a couple things that say "Requirements: Not received or Rejected. " , and all of them say No under the "Required for Registration Committee Review" line, so I haven't uploaded anything... 

but i got an email from the registration committee that was just initial assessment complete and in that message in the cpso portal, it said to finalize our application, certain credentialing items require action/remain outstanding. Was I suppose to upload things?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HeroX37 said:

For CPSO applications, there's a couple things that say "Requirements: Not received or Rejected. " , and all of them say No under the "Required for Registration Committee Review" line, so I haven't uploaded anything... 

but i got an email from the registration committee that was just initial assessment complete and in that message in the cpso portal, it said to finalize our application, certain credentialing items require action/remain outstanding. Was I suppose to upload things?

Lol this is just the CPSO having dumb-ass formatting and confusing applicants. I got confused too and called about this. Bottom line is they're all required for finalization and conferral of your PG certificate, they just don't need special review by the committee. The proof of graduation and eLOA will be sent by your institution, and you should upload the rest of the documentation listed on the schedule. They will first show as 'received' when uploaded, and once accepted will show as 'accepted.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anbessa21 said:

Lol this is just the CPSO having dumb-ass formatting and confusing applicants. I got confused too and called about this. Bottom line is they're all required for finalization and conferral of your PG certificate, they just don't need special review by the committee. The proof of graduation and eLOA will be sent by your institution, and you should upload the rest of the documentation listed on the schedule. They will first show as 'received' when uploaded, and once accepted will show as 'accepted.'

I wish they made that more clear. Between this and the CMPA, how are they so bad at transitioning us to get our licenses? jeeez. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Melly731 said:

For those who have the credentialing ongoing. In the schedule of requirements it has Evidence of Completion: New Member Orientation. Does anyone actually have access to this in their learning portal? It tells me I can't register for it myself.

When you log on to CPSO, click on the “Learning Portal” box. The new member orientation should be there. If it’s not, call them and let them know! Myself end several friends had an issue with it not showing up there, but calling fixed the issue within 24 hours (they were able to put in a service ticket for the IT team). Once you complete it, it will give you a certificate that you can then upload to your requirements page :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

To everyone still waiting for final review and issuance of post-graduate training certification: I just received notice of the complete review of my application today, approximately 1 week after all of my submitted documents showed as 'accepted' under the schedule of requirements tab. If you are naive like me and thought the initial 400+ dollar application fee was all that would be required this go around, think again! Another 345 dollar membership fee is required prior to finalization and issuance of your certificate :))))))

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anbessa21 said:

To everyone still waiting for final review and issuance of post-graduate training certification: I just received notice of the complete review of my application today, approximately 1 week after all of my submitted documents showed as 'accepted' under the schedule of requirements tab. If you are naive like me and thought the initial 400+ dollar application fee was all that would be required this go around, think again! Another 345 dollar membership fee is required prior to finalization and issuance of your certificate :))))))

Noooooo… seriously?! Ugh!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...