Premed 101 Forums

Next steps

23 hours ago, anbessa21 said:

To everyone still waiting for final review and issuance of post-graduate training certification: I just received notice of the complete review of my application today, approximately 1 week after all of my submitted documents showed as 'accepted' under the schedule of requirements tab. If you are naive like me and thought the initial 400+ dollar application fee was all that would be required this go around, think again! Another 345 dollar membership fee is required prior to finalization and issuance of your certificate :))))))

Hey! So I just got my email to pay my fee yesterday afternoon, and after I did the payment, the status changed to “certificate granted”. But I haven’t gotten any more emails from them with my CPSO number - have you?

Also notice that when I log into my profile now, my MINC number keeps getting deleted… not sure if that’s a glitch?

On 6/8/2021 at 1:03 PM, bread said:

Hey! So I just got my email to pay my fee yesterday afternoon, and after I did the payment, the status changed to “certificate granted”. But I haven’t gotten any more emails from them with my CPSO number - have you?

Also notice that when I log into my profile now, my MINC number keeps getting deleted… not sure if that’s a glitch?

Nope - no number! Just 'certificate granted' and an invoice. I'm assuming we won't get our numbers until closer to the start date of our term on July 1. Also, my MINC number is still present on my profile page, so I imagine it's a glitch. Does it disappear with every log-off/login?

5 hours ago, anbessa21 said:

Nope - no number! Just 'certificate granted' and an invoice. I'm assuming we won't get our numbers until closer to the start date of our term on July 1. Also, my MINC number is still present on my profile page, so I imagine it's a glitch. Does it disappear with every log-off/login?

Thank you, that’s really helpful :) weird, maybe it’s just a glitch with my account, then. Yes, it was fine up until I did my payment and it changed to “certificate granted”. Now every time I log in, it disappears from my profile. 

7 hours ago, bread said:

Thank you, that’s really helpful :) weird, maybe it’s just a glitch with my account, then. Yes, it was fine up until I did my payment and it changed to “certificate granted”. Now every time I log in, it disappears from my profile. 

I know I'm gonna sound dumb for asking this, but are you remembering to hit the 'save' button at the bottom right of the screen on your profile page after filling in your MINC? Lmao this is the only thing I can think of. If you are, I'd probably call and ask them about it, their IT team was pretty quick about addressing the tech issues I had.

13 hours ago, anbessa21 said:

I know I'm gonna sound dumb for asking this, but are you remembering to hit the 'save' button at the bottom right of the screen on your profile page after filling in your MINC? Lmao this is the only thing I can think of. If you are, I'd probably call and ask them about it, their IT team was pretty quick about addressing the tech issues I had.

Not dumb at all... I actually didn't scroll enough to realize there was even a "save" button.  So, thank you!  It's staying on there now :)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chateau22 said:

How long does it take to get our CPSO numbers  after the final payment?

I was wondering this, too. Our hospital sent out a communication saying that the licenses are issued on June 30, so it seems like it may not be till then?

1 hour ago, chateau22 said:

Hopefully! I'd hate to find out on June 30 that I missed something and get delayed as a result - CPSO being kinda sloppy 

I hear you! Especially since the programs put such emphasis (for good reason, obviously) on ensuring your CPSO application is complete. I think/hope that as long as our status is showing as “certificate granted”, that we should be good. It would have been helpful for sure if we’d had access to an outline of the process/what to expect. 

One of my classmates called CPSO.   Our license number is the same as our AP number but the AP will disappear on July 1st.  Our licenses will officially be granted July 1st, on that day we will appear in their find a doctor search on the website. So basically if it says certificate granted and you've paid the additional fee, you're good to go!