Premed 101 Forums

Ualberta Button Conspiracy

12 minutes ago, Catsandstuff said:

Honestly with how long the whole process takes I swear they must lol.

Calgary does things one by one. I wouldn't be surprised if UofA does the same, or does groups.

20 minutes ago, Catsandstuff said:

I mean, we don’t actually know what it is yet. Like it’s probably a bad sign but no one has received a letter of confirmation or rejection so we can’t say for certain if this means they got in or if it’s some sort of technology issue. I’m obviously upset, but I’m also going to wait to hear more from the u of a before I get mad about it lol.

I wish I could be as rational as you. I wouldn't say I'm mad, but I feel like throwing in the towel at this point. I've finished my cup of tea, and dried off from the rain. Now I'm back at square one - frustrated. 

They were so sneaky to post these updates right before 4:00 when their offices closed.

Trying to think of any further ideas as to why some have received the update and some have not. Any chance those of you who have received the update have last names closer to the front of the alphabet? My last name is definitely in the latter half and I have not had my launchpad updated. Perhaps they are going alphabetically and everyone's launchpad will look the same tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, GreyHairPreMed2.0 said:

Trying to think of any further ideas as to why some have received the update and some have not. Any chance those of you who have received the update have last names closer to the front of the alphabet? My last name is definitely in the latter half and I have not had my launchpad updated. Perhaps they are going alphabetically and everyone's launchpad will look the same tomorrow.

Thank you for this.

My last name is starts with a T, and I have not received an update.

4 minutes ago, GreyHairPreMed2.0 said:

My last name is at the bottom of the alphabet and my page was updated. It could just be a glitch though.

7 minutes ago, amiralangs said:

I wish I could be as rational as you. I wouldn't say I'm mad, but I feel like throwing in the towel at this point. I've finished my cup of tea, and dried off from the rain. Now I'm back at square one - frustrated. 

I promise I’m not nearly as rational irl. I cried for a while when I saw. Also I’m not mad either but I will be if this is how I found out I wasn’t getting in. 

Hi all, As someone who went through a brutal wait after being waitlisted at UofA last year to get rejected officially in Sept, I can assure you many of these glitches and observations are just conspiracies. Last year, we thought we were onto something about our position on the waitlist with the creation time of the letters and at the end it was all random. Remember the chance of this message appearing at random is the same as it having some pattern. Don’t let this ruin your night or your hope. Launchpad is new this year and Im sure the IT side of things is still in development. Don’t lose hope!! 

1 minute ago, starmay said:

Hi all, As someone who went through a brutal wait after being waitlisted at UofA last year to get rejected officially in Sept, I can assure you many of these glitches and observations are just conspiracies. Last year, we thought we were onto something about our position on the waitlist with the creation time of the letters and at the end it was all random. Remember the chance of this message appearing at random is the same as it having some pattern. Don’t let this ruin your night or your hope. Launchpad is new this year and Im sure the IT side of things is still in development. Don’t lose hope!! 

Man that waitlist agony last year was brutal! Honestly the detective work we were doing (which, YES, turned out to be completely random!) was actually a fun little distraction LOL.  At this point you guys, we've received interviews and that tells me that this whole insane process that leads us to our dreams is simply a matter of WHEN and not IF.