Premed 101 Forums

May 11th 2021 Countdown/Results

Hi all!

I got my wait list email at 8:21 am this morning. I just wanted to let all the beautiful, wonderful people in this group know that I am accepting my offer to Queens and am excited for the wait list to move!

I was on NOSMs wait list two years prior and I know how challenging the feeling of limbo can be. I believe when the wait list closed 13 people moved off the list and 22 remained- so there is a VERY good chance there will be significant movement.

To all those with acceptances, congratulations and I hope to cross paths with you in our future medical careers.

To those who didn't offers this year- keep persisting. I am so proud of you for getting this far, and you will all make wonderful doctors one day. Be gentle on yourself.

(Also for those interested I had a reset button on OMSAS)

xxo

19 minutes ago, MD2B said:

Hi all!

I got my wait list email at 8:21 am this morning. I just wanted to let all the beautiful, wonderful people in this group know that I am accepting my offer to Queens and am excited for the wait list to move!

I was on NOSMs wait list two years prior and I know how challenging the feeling of limbo can be. I believe when the wait list closed 13 people moved off the list and 22 remained- so there is a VERY good chance there will be significant movement.

To all those with acceptances, congratulations and I hope to cross paths with you in our future medical careers.

To those who didn't offers this year- keep persisting. I am so proud of you for getting this far, and you will all make wonderful doctors one day. Be gentle on yourself.

(Also for those interested I had a reset button on OMSAS)

xxo

Just curious! What is the reset button and where is it found?

1 minute ago, Marsbars99 said:

Just curious! What is the reset button and where is it found?

It was on OMSAS on the choices/offers tab just above the list of schools where is says "offers of admission" and below "Review and Submit Changes/Responses".

I know that for those who were waitlisted or rejected the news can be difficult to take in. Having been in your shoes I'd be happy to talk with prospective students and help out how I can. Applying to medical school is taxing and disappointment is bound to exist for some of the applicants. This is also true as you climb the ranks. Make sure to take care of yourself and still live your life regardless of acceptance. 

- G